One can add a Spotify widget on Android and iOS phones, which is a great feature for playing music without launching every time. When you use this tool, you can easily play, pause or skip Spotify. It doesn’t matter whether you are using Spotify’s premium or the free version of the app; it will provide a default widget for both things.
You can easily control the music and other things if the application has a good user interface. This is possible by making Spotify widgets on your home screen. This article lets us see how to add a Spotify widget on Android and iPhone.
About Spotify Widget
Spotify widget helps control the Spotify app functions that include Spotify playlists. This widget lets you have control over various functions, such as
- Playing songs
- Pausing songs
- Forwarding songs or podcasts
- Rewinding songs or podcasts
- Skipping to your favorite songs
Additionally, the Spotify widget lets you see the information about the songs you are listening to. These are some features that you will enjoy in the Android version.
But iOS users can have some restricted access to Spotify widgets such as
- Seeing the picture
- Information about the favorite tracks
This is how you can access the Spotify widget on Android and iOS phones.
How To Add Spotify Widgets On iPhone?
Spotify widget on iOS phones will provide data about the recent tracks you have played. Let us explore how to get the Spotify widget on an iOS phone’s home screen using the following steps.
- On any empty part of the home screen of an iPhone, you need to press long for a few seconds.
- Wait until you see the edit icons appear on the home screen. Now, click the ‘+’ symbol in the top right corner.
- Now, a pop-up menu appears, and you need to search for the Spotify tab in that menu and choose it.
- You need to select either the 2×2 or 2×8 widget sizes on the home screen. To choose the size, you must swipe left or right accordingly. After choosing the right size, you can press the ‘Add widget’ button.
- Choose the blank area on the home screen for dragging and adding the widget to the home screen. On any place on the home screen, you can drag and drop the widget.
- The Spotify widget is ready to use, and you can enjoy its service.
How To Add Spotify Widgets On Android?
On Android phones, the Spotify widget will provide information about the track and play/pause/skip options. Now, let us see how to make a Spotify widget on your home screen using the following steps.
- You need to press long for a while on the empty space of your Android home screen.
- Now, you must wait some time to see the home screen edit icons. Click on the ‘Widgets’ icon to get the scroll-down menu on the screen.
- Once you notice the scroll-down menu, search for the Spotify widgets and look for the size options.
- You can choose a 1×1 or 4×1 size of the widget, and the home screen will appear, filling up the empty part. Dressing and dropping the widget to the required places on the home screen is easy.
- Additionally, you can long-press the widget to change its shape and size, which will help to fit the home screen properly.
- Finally, it’s time to use and enjoy the Spotify widget.
How Do I Remove The Spotify Widget From Android?
Sometimes, you don’t want the Spotify widget on your home screen and wanted to remove it from your device. In such a situation, you need to follow the below steps.
- Long press and hold the Spotify widget on the home screen.
- When you long-press the widget, a pop-up screen asks for the ‘Remove’ option. In some android phones, you can directly drag the widget to ‘X Remove’ that appears on the screen’s top.
- Finally, you can leave the widget, and this will remove the widget easily.
Sometimes, accidentally you may remove the widget on the home screen. You can quickly tap on the ‘Undo’ option in such a situation.
How Do I Remove The Spotify Widget From iOS Device?
Once you no longer need the Spotify widget on your iOS device like an iPad or iPhone, you can easily remove them.
- Firstly, press and hold the widget present on the home screen.
- Once you long-press the widget, a pop-up menu will display two options. Such options include Remove Widget and Edit Home Screen.
- You need to tap on the ‘Remove Widget’ option.
- A dialog box again appears to confirm whether you want to remove the ‘Spotify’ widget. You can tap ‘Remove’ again on it.
You can get back the widget if you remove it accidentally by tapping the ‘Undo’ option.
The Bottom Line:
This is how to easily add a Spotify widget on Android and iOS devices. The article provides easy steps to make a Spotify widget on the home screen to enjoy listening to music or playing your favorite tracks.
Also Read: How To Check Spotify Stats And Top 5 Websites To Analyze Spotify Data