- How to find missing safari icon on iPhone
- How to get safari back on phone if deleted?
- So now the question is How to get safari back on the phone?
- Steps in how to reinstall Safari on iPhone or iPad
Why is my Safari icon missing? It can be quite irritating if your safari icon is invisible or to find that it’s missing from your iPhone or iPad especially when you pick up your phone for the purpose of browsing something on the internet. So without any delay let us see how to find your missing safari icon on your iPhone or iPad.
How to find missing safari icon on iPhone
The first question when an iPhone user has once finds his safari icon missing is “Why can’t I get safari on my iPhone?” The main cause that your safari icon went missing is either it is hidden in any of the home screens or it is hidden in any of the folders on your iPhone. Many iPhone users might also think that either their safari icon is accidentally deleted or they are having someone else’s access to their phone.
How to get safari back on phone if deleted?
Fortunately, Apple prevents iPhone users from deleting or uninstalling some of its default apps and Safari is one of the defaults or native browsers and it cannot be deleted on IOS devices. The other reason your safari icon is not visible is that it could be that safari icon being restricted under Time Screen Settings.
So now the question is How to get safari back on the phone?
Try to search it on the home screens and folders find every home screen of your iPhone and every folder and make sure that your safari icon is not hiding anywhere in that.
Stay focused and check thoroughly and see where your safari icon is missing.
1. Search for the safari icon on your iPhone
The simplest way to find an app on iPhone which you are not able to find is to search for it on your iPhone using that search option. So use it to find the safari icon.
Steps for searching Safari icon on your iPhone:
Swipe on the right of your iPhone so that the search bar would appear.
Once you see the search bar type in “Safari” and you will be able to see the safari icon where it is located in the search results. Even if the safari icon is hidden in any folder you will be able to see the name of the folder in the search results in which the browser is hidden.
2. How to Enable Safari on iPad or iPhone
One way you can do this is by Disabling restrictions on safari.
If you are thinking about how to get safari back on your phone, then think if you have put a restriction on the safari so that you can prevent other people or your kids from knowing your browsing details.
Follow these steps:
- Open the “Setting” option on the iPhone and tap on the Screen time.
- Select on the Content and Privacy restrictions option
- You might be asked to put in your passcode (if any)
- In the Content and privacy restrictions screen select the Allowed Apps option
- In the list of the apps that would be shown on your screen, quickly look for Safari and make sure that the toggle next to is ON and the restriction applied on Safari will be removed.
Note: If you do not remember the Screen Time passcode then you won’t be able to complete this process. You will only have to restore your iPhone to its default factory setting using iTunes.
Steps in how to reinstall Safari on iPhone or iPad
1. Plug your iPhone to your computer and connect it and launch iTunes.
2. Select the iPhone icon then click on the Summary at the left hand side of the screen.
3. You will see an option as Restore iPhone click on that and you will be able to get the safari back on your phone
4. Reset your home screen
There is still another method you can take if you still cannot find the safari on your iPhone or iPad and it is by trying to reset the home screen and having the screen’s layout to its original or default position it will help you get the app icon back.
- Go to Setting click on General and then click on Reset
- Select Reset Home Screen Layout option
That way all the app icons will be repositioned and you will easily find the Safari Icon on the screen.