To edit your videos or to create some content in your videos, Windows 11 has many tools to help you achieve the result. If you only need to trim the videos, then you don’t have to consider any in-built apps. Windows 11 has a Clipchamp application that will help you edit videos. In the early days, Clipchamp was a web application, and you could only use it in a browser. But now, Microsoft has brought this app to your Windows 11; thus, you can use it without any issues.
It is so easy to use this video editing app; even beginners can find it easy to use immediately. The Photos app is another easiest way to trim video windows 11, and let us explore such ways in this article.
Using The Windows 11 Photos App To Trim A Video:
Trimming a video involves eliminating unwanted portions to make it smaller. In Windows 11, the Photos app makes it easy to trim any videos. Here are the steps to trim video on Windows 11.
- Open the Photos application and open the video that you want to trim.
- Right-click on the video to get a pop-up menu and choose the ‘Open With option. Then, select ‘Photos’ that you see on the sub-menu option.
- In the Photos app, the video will open now. Over the top of the window, you will see many tools in which you need to click on the ‘Video Trim’ button. Another way to get the trimming tool is through the shortcut keys Control + E.
- You can drag the sliders to cut the video parts at the ends. This will help to shorten the video by cutting at the ends. But what do you need to do to cut any parts within the video?
- For the above question, you need to confirm the trimmed part before deleting them. After confirming the trimmed part, you need to adjust the sliders at the end and cut the video.
- After finishing the above procedure, you can click either the ‘Save a Copy’ or ‘Save As’ options. You will find this option in the top-right corner of the screen. Now, the edited video will get saved. So, the Photos app will save a copy of the trimmed video. Thus, the app leaves the original video undisturbed. To save memory space on your PC, you can delete the original video using the manual method.
Trimming Multiple Parts In A Video Using The Photos App:
The Photos app allows you to trim multiple parts of your video. Here are the steps to trim multiple parts in a video.
- Firstly, on the screen’s upper-right corner, choose the ‘Select’ option.
- Choose the video you want to edit and click the ‘New’ option.
- Now, you will see a few options from which you need to choose ‘New Video Project.’
- Loading the video as a new project will take a few seconds. You can provide the name for the video and click ‘OK.’
- Now, the editor interface loads, and you can choose the ‘Split’ option. The split tool will open now, and you can see the seeker, which you can move to the part of splitting the video.
- Furthermore, on the right side of the window, you can see the durations of ‘Clip one’ and ‘Clip two.’ Now, move the seeker to the position where you need to split the video.
- After doing this procedure, you can click ‘Done.’ Now, the video will get split into several parts. If there are more parts in the video, the splitting procedure will be continued.
- After splitting the video into several parts, you can delete the unwanted part. Click ‘Delete’ from the toolbar to delete the unwanted portion.
- Then, choose each part and do the ‘Trim’ option. This opens the trim tool, and you can move the sliders wherever necessary to trim the video further.
- After finishing the trimming procedure, you can click ‘Done’ to save the changes.
- Once you have trimmed all sections of the video, you can choose ‘Finish Video.’ You will find this option on the top right-side corner of the screen. Now, a new window opens where you need to choose the video quality and click the ‘Export’ option. You can choose the video quality to be high (1080p).
- Finally, choose where to save it and click the ‘Export’ button.
Sometimes, people may need to export the video file after trimming the unwanted portions. In such a situation, you can find the video in the video editor along with the necessary changes you made.
Conclusion: So, this is how you trim video in windows 11, and it is very simple to trim the videos using the Photos application.