Discord is a famous app that is used for instant messaging and also for digital distribution. The users will be able to talk with their family and friends through video calls, text messaging, and voice calls. It is available on platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and more. Many users love to use Discord as it has many features. There is also a feature in the app to hide some texts and images. They are known as the Spoiler Tags. Here you can know how to use spoiler tag discord.
How To Discord the Spoiler Tag in The Text?
There are many ways by which you can add a discord spoiler tag to the texts. Follow the steps given here to achieve it. Also, you can do it in your mobile apps for Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- First to add a spoiler tag on text message, you have to type “/spoiler” at the beginning of the text message. Then the “/spoiler this is a spoiler message” in the server of discord will keep the message hidden. Only when the recipient decides to view the message will it be visible.
- Also, you can type two vertical bars at the beginning and the end of the text. For example, you can type “||this is a spoiler message||”. This will get displayed as spoiler text.
- To view the specific spoiler text in the Discord chat you have to click it. This text will appear highlighted along with a grey background.
How To Discord Spoiler Tags in Images and Attachments?
You can also add the spoiler Discord tag to the images and attachments. But the method here may not work for some images and attachments. You can mark some files and images as spoilers before sending them to your family or friends.
Further, you cannot follow this method in the mobile app of Discord. Only Windows or Mac will support it. So, you can add spoiler tags in the images and other files in your windows and mac through the Discord website or app. You can follow the method below.
- You have to open the Discord desktop app or website. Then drag and drop the file in the chat server. Next, you have to click the plus sign (+) which will be near the sidebar.
- Then the preview of your file will appear on the app before you send it.
- Now choose the “Mark as Spoiler” checkbox to hide the image or file. Click upload.
- After you send the image or file it will appear to the recipient in Discord with the spoiler tags. Then you have to click “Spoiler” to remove the spoiler view and see the file.
- This will remove the spoiler tag and will display the image or file as usual.
How To Perform Text Formatting in Discord?
In Discord, there is an engine that works in the background that enables you to format the texts. This engine is called the Markdown. So, with this Markup language, you can communicate with Discord to make the texts visible, invisible, colorful, bold strike it, and more.
Sometimes you like to strike a text you send to your family or friends. For that, you require the Discord strikethrough feature. You can do that in Discord by using the (~). Further, this key will be available on your mobile keyboard in the keyboard’s punctuation menus.
On your computer keyboard, it will be in the top left. To perform the strikethrough in Discord texts, follow this method. First, put two tildes at the start and end of the message. For example “~~[I Love You]~~” in the chat screen. Then it will change to “[I Love You],” struck through. Then the text you send to your family or friend will become a Discord strikethrough text.
Discord Bold Text
To send a text in bold letters you have to use the symbol (*) in Discord. You have to use two (*). Further, put two asterisks at the beginning of the text and two at the end of the end.
Discord Italicize Text
To make the texts italicized you have to use one asterisk at the beginning and one at the end of the text. This will make the text style change to italics.
Use the spoiler tags to hide the messages and images in Discord. Also, use the text formatting features to change the text style according to your preference. In this way, you can use the Discord app effectively.