- What is a SIM pin code?
- Does a SIM PID code offer security?
- The difference between SIM PIN in iOS and android device
- The need for SIM pin code
- The need to change SIM pin code
- Steps change or remove the SIM PIN code on Android
- Steps change or remove the SIM PIN code android Samsung galaxy device
SIM Pin is a crucial security feature in any android phone. Users with SIM pin security can protect their phones from unauthorized use. In each Sim card, there is a unique PIN that is required to activate the services of the card. There is some standard mobile PIN from the sim card providers. However, some SIM providers offer unique PIN codes for this purpose. Some users do not like to enter this PIN whenever the android devices turn on. Therefore, it is possible to change or remove the SIM PIN code on Android. If you want to change or remove the SIM pin, then follow the quick steps to do it.
What is a SIM pin code?
The SIM Pin is a personal identification number that is a four-digit code. When buying a new SIM the network provider will offer a PIN for it. If you want to access the mobile operator, then it is essential to know the sim pin code. It is possible to keep the default SIM pin given by the service provider. However, for security reasons, it is possible to change the SIM Pin code. Also, you can change or remove the SIM PIN code on Android.
Does a SIM PID code offer security?
The SIM PIN code can offer high-end security for your android device. However, if you enter the PIN incorrectly for three times then the SIM card will get locked. If you forget the SIM PIN code then, it is possible to change or remove the SIM PIN code on Android.
The difference between SIM PIN in iOS and android device
The sim pin setting is same for every device regardless of the operating system. In both iOS and android device the sim Pin code serve the same purpose. Therefore, you can follow the same process to change the sim pin on both android and iOS device.
The need for SIM pin code
All the sim cards have the Pin code. However, it is up to the users to use the pin code. You can disable it if it causes any inconvenience to you. The SIM PIN can secure the android phone if someone steals it or if it gets lost. With the SIM pin, it is possible to block your number if the smartphone is lost. No intruder can read your message or misuse your number if you have a SIM PIN code. Having a sim pin code is an exceptional way to secure your phone. However, there is no complete security offered to your phone through SIM PIN. Therefore, you can choose to disable it if it is causing any inconvenience.
The need to change SIM pin code
Most of the android devices come with preset SIM pin code. However, you can change the PIN code into some unique number for higher security. Unique SIM pin codes are hard to crack if someone steals your phone. For higher security purpose it is a great idea to change the SIM PIN code. The steps to change or remove the SIM pin is the same. You just need to click create new SIM PIN code option to change an existing SIM Pin.
Steps change or remove the SIM PIN code on Android
- The first step is to open the setting options in your android device.
- Now click on the security option on the settings menu.
- In security setting there will be an option. You need to click the advanced option in the list.
- Now choose the SIM card lock option.
- If you are using a dual SIM, then click the SIM card you want to change or remove SIM Pin.
- Lastly, you can click the remove SIM pin or disable Pin option.
After this, the SIM Pin will be removed. You can restart the device to check if your android devices are asking for any SIM pin.
Steps change or remove the SIM PIN code android Samsung galaxy device
The android setting in a Samsung device is slightly different from other Android smartphones. If you have a preset SIM PIN code on a Samsung galaxy mobile or tablet, then you can change or remove it. If you have difficulty finding the SIM settings, then take a look at the following steps.
- First, go to the setting menu on your Samsung galaxy mobile or tablet.
- Now click the biometric and security option in the setting menu.
- Now scroll the page to other security settings on the device option.
- Now click on the SIM PIN set up option.
- Tap on the lock SIM card option.
- Now the screen will prompt the Unlock SIM pin card code. Enter it and click okay.
- You can now click okay to change or remove option in the settings.
- You can enter a new SIM pin code or disable the pin code using this option.
Follow the exact instructions to change the SIM pin code on an android device. With the above options, you can change and remove the sim pin with ease.