- Reasons to Backup Gmail Emails to Computer
- Two Different Strategies to Save Gmail Emails to PC
- Strategy 1: Backup Gmail Emails Via Google’s native backup tool
- Strategy 2: Third-Party Tool – Gmail Email Backup
- Steps to Save/Download Gmail Emails to Computer
Gmail has become the most significant email client, which stores all data within the Cloud. Most of the people do not know when their account has been hacked or terminated as well. With thousands of applications, the best way that Google offers a wide range of services among them one such service is data backup. As everyone knows, the hacker’s attack is very constant these days. The security of account may be compromised if any mishappening occurs.
Email messages and other data could be lost. In severe cases, users might lose access to Gmail account. After considering all such scenarios, it is required to keep the backup of Gmail for future purpose. In the upcoming section, we are going to discuss all possible solutions that will help to save Gmail emails to the computer. Before that, let us know several reasons to download Gmail emails to the computer first.
“Are you looking for a reliable solution to save all your Gmail emails to computer? Have you ever tried to do it manually? Did not find a smart and accurate solution? No need to worry. Here, we will discuss different techniques to let users understand how to backup Gmail emails to computer efficiently.”
Reasons to Backup Gmail Emails to Computer
- Unintentional deletion: If users declutter their mailbox, there is a chance that some important email gets deleted unknowingly. If you deleted a message permanently, so there is no way to retrieve it, other than from a backup copy.
- Intentional deletion: Nobody likes to think about this option, but there is a possibility that a user deletes some important emails permanently that will be required in the future. Here, backup comes to the rescue.
- Cyber Crimes/ Attacks: The incidents of hacking and ransomware attacks have increased rapidly. Therefore, keeping a backup copy of sensitive emails is very important for future reference/purpose.
- Hardware Malfunction: Accident happens, and sometimes, the file gets corrupted beyond repair. It applies to all data which is stored on the personal computer as well as the email service provider.
- Malicious software: Cybersecurity companies are doing best to protect all systems from viruses and other malicious software, but there is a chance that the virus takes its toll.
Two Different Strategies to Save Gmail Emails to PC
There are mainly two methods to download Gmail emails to computer as mentioned below:
Strategy 1: Backup Gmail Emails Via Google’s native backup tool
Here are the following steps that will help to download all Gmail messages in a convenient compressed format:
1. Navigate to myaccount.google.com and log in to your Google account
2. Then, select control your content under the personal info & privacy section
3. From download or transfer your content section, you can locate download your data and click create archive option
4. Now, a new page will get open that presents you with dozens of Google tools that have downloaded data, and because you just want your Gmail data, hit select none at the top of the column
5. Scroll down and select an option for mail
6. Finally, you will get different archive options and you can successfully create backup Gmail emails to computer
Strategy 2: Third-Party Tool – Gmail Email Backup
There are many solutions to create a backup of Gmail emails. Out of them, one such professional tool is Gmail Backup Software. This tool is designed to create a backup of Gmail emails along with attachments. The software offers Delete After Download option to eliminate all emails from the server after archiving Gmail messages.
Moreover, it allows saving all Gmail emails into different formats like PST/ EML/ MBOX/ MSG. Besides, it helps to backup spreadsheets, slides, images and Google Docs without any difficulty. The software has a simple and user-friendly interface that even a novice user can utilize it without any data loss.
Some additional features of the tool are listed below:
- Backup of Gmail emails to the computer in a seamless way
- Supports various file formats to save all Gmail emails
- Provides 6 different languages i.e., French, Dutch, etc.
- Offers E-mail Filter to download only required Gmail Mails
- Dynamic Incremental Backup to save new data of Gmail account
- Maintains complete download history of Google Account
Steps to Save/Download Gmail Emails to Computer
1. Download and Install Gmail Backup Software
Then, Log in and click OK button
2. After that, enter all the credentials in Gmail account to create a backup
3. Next, choose Allow option
4. Now, select the file format in which you want to create a copy of backup i.e., EML, MSG, PST or MBOX
5. Browse and select the final destination for export and click OK button
6. Next, select the folders whose backup needs to be created and click the Start button
7. Once the process is completed, you can view the exported file at the destination location.
The Gmail account of any user may be a victim of any hacker. It might result in the loss of important data. In order to protect the mail account, it is advisable to take a backup of Gmail account. It can be fulfilled by the manual method but, there are some constraints of manual strategy.
Thus, it is recommended to go for an automated solution i.e., Gmail Backup. According to an expert, it is the best approach to backup Gmail emails to a computer without any trouble.