How to recover my files for free? Have you ever encountered the case that some important files were deleted by mistake? Here, mistakenly file deletion or data loss issue has been solved. In this post, we are not only talking about the file recovery software to recover files for free but also presenting some common issues about data loss and showing you the solutions.
As for how to recover files for free, you can follow the 3 steps below to easily and quickly accomplish the task from almost all common storage devices, such as computer internal hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, and SD card, unless the drive contained lost data is not physically damaged.
Recover Files for Free in 3 Simple Steps
Step 1. Connect the Storage Device to Computer. Install MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
First of all, you need to connect the data storage device (from which files get lost) to the computer. Then, launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free to enter the main interface.
Step 2. Select the Storage Device to Scan
Next, you can choose the device and click the Scan button at the right bottom to start scanning the lost or deleted files at a fast speed.
- This PC: It enables you to recover deleted or lost files on the computer, including all hard drive partitions, recognized by the computer, like logical partitions, raw/formatted/lost partitions, and unallocated space.
- Removable Disk Drive: This option allows you to recover files (photos, videos, and other lost data) from USB flash drive and SD card.
- Hard Disk Drive: If your data/partition loss/deletion gets lost from an external hard disk drive, you can use this option.
- CD/DVD Drive: This option can help you recover data from CD/DVD discs.
Step 3. Check the Scan Result and Recover Needed Files
Maybe you need to wait for a moment to let the scan finish. The scanning process will last from several minutes to several hours, depending on the total volume and actual occupied space of the drive.
After the scanning completes, you can check the scan results for your deleted or lost files. You can preview all scanned files by Path or Type. (Up to 70 types of files can be previewed).Tick all of the needed files and click the Save button to assign a new destination drive to save them.
To quickly and accurately find your target files, advanced options are helpful.
- Show Lost Files: It will only show the lost files if you click this icon.
- Find: By using the Find button, you can enter a partial file name to find the target file fast.
- Filter: By clicking this button to filter the scan result by extension, size or date, you can find your desired data conveniently.
Tips: MiniTool Power Data Recovery free edition allows you to recover 1GB data for free. If you want to recover more data, you can buy a license of MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal Deluxe, which has lifetime upgrade service free and limitless amount of data recovery.
As it is demonstrated above, MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free can help you easily recover files for free from computer drive and external storage device with ease. So, you can download this clean and free file recovery software and start your data recovery trustingly.