Lotus Notes (now referred to as IBM Notes) was once among the most popular email applications used in a variety of organizations. Designed and built for security, Notes is still among the safest and secure email clients in use today. However, it lacks in other departments and hence falls prey to the other popular email clients such as MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
Sometimes, users have a need to convert the Lotus Notes emails into MSG files. In this article, we will focus on IBM Notes and MSG format. We will also get to know about the various needs of Lotus Notes NSF to MSG conversion along with the solution that you desire.
“Do you want to export Lotus Notes to MSG files and are looking for an easy way to perform this conversion. Then keep reading this article, as it contains everything you will ever need for Lotus Notes NSF to MSG Conversion.”
Overview of Lotus Notes and MSG format
Lotus Notes is an email client that is built for security and data management. The primary file format associated with IBM Notes is the NSF file format. NSF stores everything from emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
MSG, on the other hand, is a file format of Microsoft Outlook. MSG files stores only a single email message and not in bulk like NSF. To open MSG files, you will require either MS Outlook or any free MSG Viewer application.
Reasons to Convert Lotus Notes to MSG Files
The reasons can vary from user to user. We have gathered some of the most common reasons from various technical forums. Have a look at them below:
- When users are migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook, there are cases when they want to convert NSF files into MSG format instead of option PST as export type.
- Sometimes, users require to upload the email data on a server where. as per policy, only MSG files are allowed.
- Change in the profession often leads to users working on a different email platform. Since MS Outlook is the most preferred email client in organizations, conversion of Lotus Notes to MSG or PST is required.
Whatever the reasons are, the solution remains the same i.e., a way to convert the NSF files into MSG.
A Quick Way to Go About Lotus Notes to MSG Conversion
IBM Lotus Notes does have an export option, but it does not feature the MSG file format. There are no manual methods that can be utilized to extract Lotus Notes emails as MSG files. The only solution is to use third-party software.
The online market is full of numerous third-party applications for Lotus Notes to MSG conversion. But the only one you will ever need is SysTools NSF Converter. It can easily convert NSF to MSG in bulk along with contacts, calendars, journals, etc. There are no limitations on the size of the NSF file, so you can export files of any size with this software. It makes the complete conversion process very simple and easy to use.
A look at some key features of the tool:
- Convert all NSF items to MSG including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and journals.
- Exports NSF files without any limitation on the file size.
- It provides filters corresponding to each mailbox element for a rich user-experience.
- A quick conversion rate and customizable export options.
Why does Trust Lotus notes to MSG Converter?
- No Data Loss
It ensures that data is not lost in any form. Be it missing emails or losing messages due to corruption, the software prevents them all.
- Simplicity & Time consumption
This utility has a simple yet intuitive interface packed with powerful features. It ensures that the software is easy to use and at the same time batch convert Notes emails into MSG files at a fast pace.
- Perfect Integrity of Emails
It processes the deepest part of email messages and thus converts every bit of information from Lotus Notes mailbox to MSG files. You will not find a single email detail including images, links, headers and multimedia elements missing after conversion.
Sometimes users of Lotus Notes want to convert their mailbox data into MSG format. But lack of any official method complicates this conversion scenario. Hence, to help out users we introduced a simple, yet powerful conversion method i.e., SysTools NSF Converter. This tool is more than enough to carry out all your Lotus Notes to MSG conversion needs without any hassle.
Latest posts by Frosty Orange (see all)
- How To Export Emails from Entourage to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 - August 23, 2019
- Error-Free Solutions to Fix ‘Access Database Error 3021’ Effortlessly - July 12, 2019
- Can Outlook Read NSF Files? – Authentic Solutions - July 10, 2019