When a window user upgrades to the new operating system the older boot version may appear. During the start-up process, the users may get both versions. Also, for every start-up, the users are required to choose a version manually. If there are dual boots in a PC then the user may face plenty of complications. System error, systems hang or system restart problems are some of the inconveniences. By deleting the old boot menu it is possible to enjoy the new boot in windows 10. That is why here are the quick steps to delete the old boot menu option on windows 10.
The tasks of the boot manager
The boot manager is crucial software in windows 10. The boot software runs in windows when the boot process starts. It is software that installs new versions of the Windows operating system. If you have new versions of windows then the boot software opens and installs the new boot. If your windows 10 have two versions of the boot, then the software malfunctions. However, when you remove or delete the old boot then it is possible to open the new boot.
The startup boot entry is a crucial option in the boot software. However, it is possible to hide this option from the widows’ startup menu.
- First, click the Windows + I key. This key will open the board settings.
- In the board setting open the update and security option.
- Now choose the recovery option in the board menu.
- In the advanced startup section, you can click the restart option.
- After clicking this option the system will immediately restart. Therefore, save any important documents in your system before the restart process.
- Now after the restart process, choose the “use another operating system” option.
- Now in the boot manager choose a default system for the new boot process.
- Lastly, when following these steps, you can easily delete the old boot menu from your Windows 10.
It is possible to delete the old boot menu from windows 10 by using the MSConfig option. In the start, menu bar type mscon and then open the boot option. By using the boot tab you have the options such as set default operating system, other boot options and idle screen. Also, it is possible to delete the old boot version using the MSConfig method.
The steps to use BCEdit to delete old boot
The BCEdit is a tool that can edit the boot manager in windows 10. However, it is essential to use this boot edit tool carefully. If you have two boot versions, then edit the right one. If you edit the new version then the entire windows 10 version may get deleted.
- First, in the start menu, you need to type cmd.
- In the command prompt choose the run as the administrator option.
- When the command opens, type BCEdit/export c: bacdbackup.
- This command will help you to create a backup.
- Next type bcdedit / v, now describe the location of the boot manager.
- See if there is a recovery boot option.
- If you have multiple boot versions, then you can set default with this option.
- The new version and legacy version will appear in a box.
- Now you can delete the boot version that you want with the boot ladder.
- Also, delete the old version and click the enter option.
- Now when you turn on your Windows 10, you will get the newer version of the boot.
Steps to use the visual BCD editor to delete old boot
If you feel that the above method is difficult when there is an easy way to delete the old boot using the BCD editor. The visual BCD comes with easy steps to change the old boot. You can enter the command and delete the old boot version through this platform.
- First, install and download the visual BCD editor.
- Open the editor and it will take some time to scan your device.
- In this editor click the BCD store option.
- Now select the bootloader option in this editor.
- Select the boot ladder you want to delete or remove from the system.
- After deleting the old boot, the new boot will be loaded by the widows 10.
Steps for removing the EFI boot manager
The EFI booter is a part of the UEFI firmware package. You can delete the old boot through the BCEdit.
- To delete the old EFI boot entries open the prompt command as admin in BCE edit.
- In the command prompt type bcdedit / enum firmware.
- Now click the enter option after entering the command.
- It will list all the old boot in your windows option.
- When these old boot versions are listed, you can delete the old boot.
Through the above steps, it is possible to delete your old boot in windows 10. Try any one of these options to delete the old boot with ease.