Can you remember the time where it was hard to set up devices? It was difficult to figure out what wire to insert in a port. Also, it was hard to sort out the wires as they were many. But today new technologies have made the setting out process easy. There are only a few wires and sometimes there are no wires at all because many devices are wireless. Xbox 360 controller is one such advanced device. That is why connecting Xbox 360 controller to PC is also an easy process. If you are an ardent gamer and want to connect Xbox 360 controller to a PC to enjoy the games then follow the process here. There are two processes one is for the wired Xbox 360 controller and the other is for wireless Xbox 360 controller.
Connecting wired Xbox 360 controller to Windows 10 PC
If you are using the wired Xbox 360 controller then you can follow the steps given here. It will help you to install Xbox 360 to windows 10.
- First of all, plug the USB connector of the Xbox 360 into the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port of your windows 10.
- Then the PC will automatically start to install the drivers needed for Xbox 360 controller. You have to wait for some time as windows will download and install the drivers.
- After that, the pop-up notifications will appear on the screen. It will show if the drivers are installed. Then you can utilize the controller.
- Now open the game that supports the controller and then click a button or move the stick to check if the controller is working or not.
- Therefore, this is the process you have to follow to connect Xbox 360 controller to the PC. You can enjoy playing your games effectively if the connection is proper.
Connecting Wireless Xbox 360 Controller to a Windows 1o PC
If you are using the wireless Xbox 360 controller then you can make a connection to the PC by the feature Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. So, follow the steps below to start a connection so you can play your games.
- First of all, prepare the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. But if you do not have this feature, you can get a wireless receiver on Amazon. It will cost $10 to $20.
- Now connect the gaming receivers USB connector to the USB 2.0 port of the windows.
- Then after it gets plugged you can see a green light in the receiver. This is an indicator that the unit is working properly.
- Next, install the software to ensure if the gaming receiver and the wireless Xbox 360 controller are properly syncing with each other.
- Then if the Add New Hardware Wizard appears on the PC you can select install the software automatically. After that choose next. Now follow all the prompts to install the software driver.
- But if the wizard is not installing the software, you can use the installation disc that is available with Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver to begin the installation. You have to insert it to the windows PC and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Then if there is no disc available you can try installing the software by downloading from the link of Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows. Also, the windows 7 drivers will be suitable for Windows 8 and Windows 10. You have to just choose the operating system and language and click the download button.
- Now you have to turn on the Xbox 360 wireless controller. Click and hold the Xbox Guide button to switch it on.
- Then on the gaming receiver click Connect button.
- The lights on the controller will flash green which means that the device is trying to make the connection. Then the lights will stop flashing and one of the lights in the Guide button will be lit. This shows that the controller is connected.
- Now you can click the controller’s buttons and check if the Xbox is working or not.
- These ways will help you to connect Xbox 360 controller to the PC.
Refer the video for details:
You can enjoy playing the games with your Xbox 360 controller and PC. The steps here will enable you to make a connection between the devices.
Also Read: How To Choose A One-Word Xbox Gamertag?