Car Rental In South Africa- Do’s And Dont’s
South Africa has beautiful landscapes and cities full of culture. Along with that, there is an excellent road network in South Africa. If you are going out for a self-drive vacation or a road trip. Then renting a car is most common in South Africa. You can choose from a lot of options. But there are certain tips you should follow while renting and driving a car in South Africa.
1. Rent The Biggest Car You Can Afford: South Africa is a big country. If you are on a road trip, then you have to spend a lot of time in a car. Therefore, choose a big car for a little more comfort. It may cost you extra, but the rewards are more. An SUV will be perfect for a group of three adults.
Always prefer a car with tinted windows as there will be more leg room for the passengers. It ensures that you have a nice and comfortable journey. There a lot of professionals proving the services of car rental in South Africa. So, you will never be out of options.
2. Always Have A Good GPS Ready: When you are travelling in South Africa always use a GPS. There are a lot of apps that provide GPS facilities. Try to use an OSM and navigation GPS. But be careful about the speed limits they display. The speed limits can be outdated and you can face problem for that in the future. South Africa has an ever-changing speed limit system so watch out before you hit the gas. The professionals who provide car rental in Cape Town also provide free GPS facility in their cars.
3. Do Not Ignore The Stop Signs: South Africa has a different setup for stop signs. The stops signs in Europe and US are placed at a more visible place than in South Africa. Always focus on the road as the stop signs can surprise you. Pay special attention in an intersection and stop your car once you see a stop sign. All these rules are well explained to the clients in car rental services in South Africa.
4. Do Not Fill Your Car By Yourself: In South Africa, there are a lot of petrol pump attendants. They will check the car and do all the necessary work. From washing windows to checking your oil and air pressure, they will do everything for you. They will also clean the dirty windows of your car as you pay for your services. You can also tip them for their services if you want.
5. Do Not Drink And Drive: Drinking and driving can become very fatal for you in South Africa. There are a lot of people walking on the hard shoulder after the dark so be very careful. During the night a lot of animals get on the road to be very cautious while driving. You will not want to hit them. There are no lights or blink markers on the roads. You have to focus a lot when you are driving through these areas. So, you should strictly avoid drink and driving situations.
These are some do’s and don’ts you should follow while car rental in South Africa. Try to follow these steps so that you can have a nice and pleasant road trip in South Africa.