Is your firestick remote not working? There is nothing more disappointing than the remote failing to work during entertainment time. Further, the reasons for the Amazon firestick remote not working are multiple. But in this article, we will take you through common reasons for the failure of the remote and how to fix it.
What is an Amazon firestick?
Before we continue with the article on why is my firestick not working and how to fix it, let’s learn what Amazon firestick is?
For those of you who don’t know what Amazon firestick is, here is a glimpse into it?
In the first place, an Amazon firestick is a media streaming device. It is mainly used for playing multiple media outlets. Further, the stick is designed to stream videos, music and applications on your device. Apart from this, the device is also helpful in playing other media on your television. Amazon firestick with its remote is an excellent device that has wide applications.
Furthermore, the device includes a built-in android application that converts your regular television into a smart television. The best part of the device is that it is an easy way to get a smart television experience. Amazon firestick remote also allows the users to play video games and enjoy music on their television.
Why is my firestick not working?
Now that we have understood the meaning of Amazon firestick, let’s see the reason why a remote fails its functions.
As mentioned earlier in the article, there are several reasons why is my firestick remote not working. The most common reasons for the remote to fail its functions are as follows:
- Internet connectivity issue – the most common reason why my firestick remote is not working is the Internet connectivity issue. Many times it happens that the network to which your device is connected may not have a sufficient supply of net connection. It is the main reason for the black screen and the problem with the Amazon firestick
- The next common issue with the firestick is it is not turning on. This is a common issue that you can face when using a firestick. The main reason for this issue is the absence of a battery. Usually, in a hurry, we tend to turn on the device without checking to see if batteries are added. In case they are added then check if they are working properly.
- The third common issue that is the reason my firestick remote not working is failing to pair with the device. The absence of pairing of the firestick with the device makes it impossible to watch anything on the television. Therefore this issue can be annoying and result in panic among the users. But no worries we will take you through the steps that can help fix this issue in the latter part of the article.
- The last common issue with the Amazon firestick remote not working when you are unable to do something. In case you are unable to uninstall the applications or update the firestick then we tend to blame it on the remote. Therefore let’s walk through various steps that can fix the issue and help in using the firestick efficiently.
How to fix my firestick not working?
Until now we have seen the most common issues with Amazon firesticks. Now let’s consider different ways to fix the firestick remote that is not working.
- The first easiest way to fix the Amazon firestick remote not working is by checking and replacing the batteries. Further, the main reason for the remote not turning on the device or pairing can be due to the presence of dead batteries. Therefore, check the batteries of the remote and replace them when required.
- The next best way to fix an issue with the firestick remote not working is by checking the Internet connectivity. Make sure that the device on which the firestick is installed is connected to the internet. Also, ensure that the Wi-Fi signal strength is adequate or in other words strong.
- The third way to fix my firestick remote not working is unpairing it with the device. Once you unpair the remote wait for some time to repair it and start using it. To unpair, the remote from the firestick use a different remote. In case you don’t have an additional firestick remote, then unpair it through a virtual remote available on iPhone or android device.
- Finally, in case none of the above-mentioned solutions works, then you are left with only one option. The issue may be with the firestick and not with the remote. In such a situation you should reset the firestick from the factory setting of your remote. This step will erase all your data and you need to reinstall everything. It means you need to log in to your apps and your accounts. Though this process is annoying it can fix the issue with the firestick and enable the working of the remote.
To sum it up, the Amazon firestick is a great device to convert and use your regular television as smart TV. However, just like another device, the remote can have some issues. Here in the article, we have listed why my firestick remote is not working and how to fix it.