In the first place, Subharmonicon is a semi-modular polyrhythmic analogue synthesizer. It is very helpful in creating new and innovative music. In this article, we will take you through the meaning and use of the device.
Meaning of Moog Music Subharmonicon
As mentioned earlier in the article, Moog music Subharmonicon is a semi-modular polyrhythmic analog synthesizer. The device is designed especially for creative music creators. It is a classic moong inspired by early instruments like the mixture-Trauonium and the Rhythmicon. Though the device is complex, it is a great addition to making music. With patience and determination, you can unravel its complex nature.
Further, the device has a unique approach that helps produce creative music. The Subharmonicon approach to music is inspired by experimental music that emerged between the 1930s and 1940s.
Overlay of the Subharmonicon
The design or the features of the device is pretty simple. Broadly speaking, the device can be divided into four parts. Let us begin with the simplest part of the device. The instrument’s output is a quarter-inch and includes a 12-volt power supply plug at the back. But it doesn’t include a power switch.
Further, the instrument includes a midi input and other 31 options. These options are great for routing various filters and oscillators back and forth. In addition, the instrument’s front part is divided into three main sections.
These main sections are as follows – on the instrument’s left, it includes a sequencer. The main function of this sequencer is rhythm. Then, the middle portion of the instrument includes a pair of oscillators that picks three frequencies each. Finally, the last portion of the instrument is an assortment of Moog filters to tune the sound.
Though the overall design and function of the instrument sound complicated, it is easy to use. Therefore, don’t get overwhelmed and start randomly turning the knobs or pressing buttons. Further, take the help of a cardboard overlay included with the instrument by the company. This provides the necessary information for each setting on the front of the board. It also helps determine a few basic sounds and functionalities before using the device.
Advantages and disadvantages of the synthesizer – Moog music Subharmonicon
We usually base our decision on buying a product on its pros and cons. Similarly, Subharmonicon is no different from any other electronic product. To make an informed decision, we will share a list of pros and cons.
Advantages of Subharmonicon
- The first and foremost advantage of the device is the quality. The build quality of the product is outstanding. This piece of musical instrument is designed to last long.
- The next advantage of the product is the features that it includes. It includes some of the best and most fun sequencing features. These sequencing and tuning features are a great way to explore different types of music.
- The next key feature of the instrument is the renowned Moog synth sound.
- Finally, the instrument’s last and most important advantage is its creativity. It forces music creators to come off their comfort zone and experiment with tunes. Creation music company patch bay of the instrument unlocks a world of possibilities.
Disadvantages of the instrument
All good things come at a price. So, Moog music Subharmonicon is not an exception to this rule. You need to consider a few disadvantages of the product before buying.
- The first drawback of the instrument is the size of the knobs. Knobs play an important role in finding the right rhythm or tune. This instrument comes with knobs of smaller sizes. Therefore, finding the sweet spot you are looking for with smaller knobs is difficult.
- The next drawback of the instrument is a simple amp envelope. This device feature is a good option but sometimes can limit your options.
- The last and most important drawback of the product is its creation. Subharmonicon provides flexibility to music creators in finding tunes and experimenting with them. But there is a thin line between interesting and chaotic music. So, any creator must be cautious while experimenting with the instrument.
Cost of Subharmonicon
The price of Moog music Subharmonicon is around 1000 US dollars. Though the price is on the costlier side, the features are good. Creation music company patch bay of the instruments includes interesting options to tune and create music.
Our final verdict about the instrument is simple. The instrument is designed to explore the creativity of a music composer. It is a good option for those looking for a new experience.
Also Read: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Spotify?