The Radeon RX 5500 XT and 6500 XT are the trending graphics cards on the gaming market. Moreover, for 4K gaming, these graphics cards are best for running every game at the top resolution with ultra-full settings. When you consider the 5500XT, it comes as a great graphics card in terms of budget. On the other hand, the 6500XT comes as a newer product on the market that provides long-term support. Likewise, each has pros and cons based on its design and configuration. In this article, let us explore the details of both graphics cards and compare them.
Features Of Radeon RX 5500 XT:
The AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT is a desktop graphics card based on 7nm. It is a lower mid-range graphics card that uses the RDNA architecture. Furthermore, this graphics card comes with 1,408 cores along with 4 or 8 GB GDDR6 video RAM. It is connected through a 128-bit memory bus.
Then, the graphics card uses the new Navi 14 graphics card architecture. The architecture is great in terms of efficiency and instructions per clock and, thus, comes as a great upgrade to the previous versions. Also, the card depends on the 7 nm process.
The Radeon RX 5500 is the main replacement for the aging RX 460 series cards. So, considering this older graphics card, RX 460 is based on a 14 nm lithography process. But contrast to this, RX 5500 is based on a 7 nm lithography process. Thus, with such a process and RDNA architecture, Radeon RX 5500 can deliver great gaming performance.
Features Of Radeon RX 6500 XT:
After this Radeon RX 5500, AMD introduced a new Graphics card with some interesting features: Radeon RX 6500 XT. Coming to this graphics card uses the RDNA 2 architecture that helps to bring a lot of new technologies. Moreover, it is popular for playing 1080p games. So, with an infinity Cache, AMD makes this graphics card share the memory with RDNA 2 GPU and Ryzen CPU.
RDNA 2 is best about adapting new technologies into it, as it supports such as
- Ray tracing acceleration
- AMD’s visual upscaling technology
Thus, with the above technologies, the graphics card can get AMD’s super-resolution capabilities to improve your gaming experience. This Radeon 6500 XT is mainly used as a laptop GPU and adapted as your desktop graphics card.
Reasons To Buy Radeon RX 5500 XT:
- Firstly, gamers can surely enjoy playing 4K games with its 226% greater gaming performance.
- The Graphics card supports FreeSync.
- For gamers looking for ReLive, this graphics card supports such a feature. So, the graphics card allows gamers to enjoy game streaming or recording with some performance penalty.
- Radeon 5500 XT is great in supporting Direct3D 12 Async compute
Reasons To Buy Radeon RX 5500 XT:
- Firstly, it provides long-term support as a new product on the market.
- Radeon 6500 XT also supports Direct3D 12 Async compute
- The newer Graphics card also supports FreeSync.
- This graphics card has an infinity cache that may allow the maximum range of up to 3.25x of the effective memory bandwidth.
- This Radeon 5500 supports DirectX Ray tracing (DXR)
- For gamers looking for ReLive, this graphics card provides a feature like the 5500 XT. So, the graphics card also allows gamers to enjoy game streaming.
Radeon RX 6500 XT vs Radeon RX 5500 XT
In the below table, let us discuss Radeon RX 6500 XT vs Radeon RX 5500 XT to know about the features of both.
|Parameters||Radeon RX 5500 XT||Radeon RX 6500 XT|
|Release Date||December 12th, 2019||January 19th, 2022|
|Generation/Architecture||Navi/RDNA 1.0||Navi II/RDNA 2|
|Outputs||1xHDMI 2.0b, 3x Display Port 1.4a||1xHDMI 2.1, 1x Display Port 1.4a|
|Memory||4GB||4GB (Infinity cache)|
|Memory clock speed||1750 MHz||2248 MHz|
|Bandwidth||224 GB/s||143.9 GB/s|
|Base clock speed||1607 MHz||2310 MHz|
|Boost clock speed||1845 MHz||2815 MHz|
|Fabrication process||7 nm||6 nm|
|Interface||PCIe 4.0 x 8||PCIe 4.0 x 4|
|Width||2 slot||2 slot|
|Number of transistors||6,400 million||5,400 million|
|Thermal design power||130 Watt||107 W|
So, with the above comparison, it is clear that the Radeon RX 6500 XT performs the most on any selected gaming platform. Thus, it comes as a better graphics card when compared to Radeon RX 5500 XT to enjoy playing your favorite games in the environment.
The above article gives you a clear view of the performance of the Radeon 5500 XT and Radeon 6500 XT. Furthermore, the article gives several facts and features about the graphics cards on the market.
Also Read: What Is a Capture Card, and Do You Need One?