The Nintendo Switch is a popular video game console by Nintendo. The console looks like a tablet that can be docked and utilized as a home console. Or the players can use it as a portable device or hybrid console. It has wireless Joy-con controllers that contain standard buttons and analog sticks. Further, there is also a Nintendo Switch Lite that is a handheld game console from the company. Some of the successful games available in the Nintendo Switch are The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey, and more.
There is a recent update for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite. It will let you remap the controller button when playing the games. Also, this is one of the major updates of the console. When using the Nintendo Switch you do not have to use the options menu of the individual games to modify the controller layout. So now with the new update in this setting, you can set the layout rule for each game. But you will also get the option of modifying the layout as required for the title. This is a great feature because it will help you to access more games. Setting up the Nintendo switch controller is an easy process in the Nintendo Switch games. You can find all the details of remapping controller buttons here.
This Nintendo switch controller feature is useful for players with motor issues. So because of this, they may not reach a specific button. That is why to make it easy for you to operate remapping the controller is the best thing. Also, certain titles will be more accessible. For instance, if you are not able to reach the capture button then switching it will be easy to snap or record.
How to remap the Nintendo Switch Controller?
You can find the settings for Nintendo Switch Controller in the Controllers and Sensors menu. It will be along with many other options too. So this will help you to modify various aspects of the controller. Then if you want to toggle the vibration on or off then you have to update the controller’s firmware. Find all the steps here.
- First of all switch to the Change Controller Grip/Order and choose the pad Joy-Con L, Joy-Con R, or Pro Controller. Also, you can hit the “L” + “R” buttons at the same time. Then confirm with A.
- Choose the Change Button Mapping and you will get to change how every button works in the left and the right Joy-Cons. Also, you can modify the Pro Controller if you use one.
- When you remap the buttons you will get to see an on-screen indicator. This will show you what each of the buttons represents.
- After it is done all the changes will reflect on your Button Mapping menu. Also, you will be able to save the settings in the five presets.
- Now you can use the Joy-Con in the Nintendo Switch games of your choice.
Know how to switch controller profiles?
If you have lots of profiles saved then you can switch between them. Here are the steps that will help you to change the profile your controller is using. So follow the steps below.
- Click the Home Button to get to the main menu of the console.
- Go to the System Settings logo in the bottom bar.
- Also, you can scroll down to the Controllers and Sensors.
- Then choose Button Mapping.
- After that select Load a Preset.
- Then in the controller select the profile and click confirm.
Why can you remap the controller in Nintendo Switch?
Remapping the controller in the Nintendo Switch happens only at the system level. So when you are in-store or playing a game on the device you will know what each button does. This is a personalised modification you can do easily. It does not only suit the Joy-Cons but if you have a pro-controller then you can also remap the buttons to meet your requirements. Remapping the buttons can stop the accidental presses when playing the game. Therefore to make the titles easier you can try changing the Joy-Con layout.
These are the steps that will help you to remap the controller buttons in Nintendo Switch. So you can personalize the way the buttons work in the device.