Super Easy Ways to Resolve Roku Error Code 009
In case you are getting Roku error code 009, it indicates that the streaming player has successfully set up connectivity with the router but it is unable to get on to the internet. This is similar to the error code 014. You may get this error pop-up while setting up your media player through roku.com/link web address.
The main reason behind this error code is that your device is not recognizing the wireless signal for your chosen network and is showing error messages like ‘not connected to the internet’ or ‘unable to connect to a wireless network’. And this error message doesn’t go away no matter what you try.
In order to help you out, we have come up with some surefire workarounds to troubleshoot this issue. Continue reading.
Make Proper Setup of Roku Device
Whether you set up Roku with credit card details or Roku no CC link, the very first step you execute is to connect to the internet. This can be achieved in exactly the same manner that you connect any other gadget, including the cellular or the laptop. The method is quite easy.
- Firstly, turn on your streaming media player.
- Now, open the list of available networks.
- Check whether your WiFi network name displays on the networks’ list.
- Choose a suitable one.
- Input the passcode or secret key.
- The WiFi connectivity is set up.
A message showing the successful connection will come into view. The internet broadband service will offer the hardware along with the access via the wireless router.
Important Note: In case your router includes an Ethernet port, you can also complete the aforementioned process through it.
Instantaneous Resolution to Roku Error Code 009
Taking all things into consideration, you may need to ask your ISP or Internet Service Provider to solve the difficulty for you due to the fact the issue is quite technical. Let us tell you that it is more of an issue with the internet than with the router. Instead, there are other solutions you may execute too.
There are a few recommended steps you can proceed with like checking your internet connection and troubleshooting connectivity problems via some verification steps given below.
- Go to network settings on your Roku streaming device to check the connection.
- Here, you have to perform a 2-step test:
- Verify the actual connectivity and quality of the signal to the working network.
- Calculate the speed of connection and check whether you are connected to the internet or not.
- Make use of the on-screen commands in case your wireless signal strength is very poor.
Also, don’t forget to perform Roku 3 micro SD install process so that there is no issue with the memory.
During the Connection Check
- Roku makes an attempt to connect to the wired or wireless network.
- In the case of successful, it tries to hook up with the internet.
- For every successful connection, you will see a green check mark.
- Once there is a green check becomes visible, it indicates that the Roku device has successfully connected to the internet and your network.
- The connections’ strength is also tested and results published.
- As soon as the signal passes both the connection tests, a confirmation message appears saying ‘connection check was successful’.
If it doesn’t happen or you get purple screen Roku error, a message on the display shows an error code together with the recommended tips to resolve the issue.
Reviewing Connection Checks
- To review your connection, head over to the network settings.
- A new dashboard appears where you can review the values against signal strength.
- It should show excellent or at least good.
- On the other hand, internet download speed should also show good.
In case the signal strength is poor, then you may have to measure it once again carefully.
So, these were some super easy ways to get rid of Roku error code 009. Just go ahead and follow them properly.