Communication through email is important for the workplace environment. The work-related documents and other messages are sent through email. That is why many people use it in their day-to-day life. Also, email has become essential in this pandemic because most people are working from home. Therefore, they send messages to their bosses and their colleagues in an email. But sometimes you may forget to send an important email. You may have remembered to send the email but sometimes you may get easily distracted if you are working from home. So for the scenarios like these, there is a way to send the email at the right time. You can schedule an email in Outlook and it will send the email at the time you set. This is an easy process to do. Learn how to schedule an email in Outlook here.
How to schedule delayed emails in Outlook?
You can use Microsoft Outlook to send an email at a time later than you composed it. So, you can use the settings in outlook to set the time you want to send the email. Then it will get delivered promptly at the time you set. You can use this method if you want to schedule an email in Outlook.
- Choose New Email. Or else you can choose the typed email select reply, reply all or forward.
- Then in the message window type the sender address.
- Find the options tab and choose delay delivery.
- After that in the property, the dialog goes to Delivery options.
- Then choose the option Do not deliver before check box.
- Next set the date and time which you prefer
- Choose close.
- 8. Then in the message window, you will find the Send option. Click it.
- 9. After that go to the outbox folder to find the outlook email messages that you have scheduled but not yet delivered.
- 10. If you want to change the delivery time or date go to a separate window. Then select Options > Delay Delivery. Now you can reschedule another time and date.
If you want to send the scheduled email quickly, you can open the message in a separate window. Then go to the Delay Delivery screen. Next, uncheck the box near Do not deliver before. At the end click Close and then Send the message.
How to arrange a send delay for all emails?
You can make an email message template that can automatically send a delayed email to all your contacts. This is suitable if you want to change the message in the email. So, you need not regret sending the wrong email quickly.
To schedule an email in Outlook why not set every email in default delay. This gives you more time to change the message in the email or you can also cancel it before the set time. You can arrange an email template with a send delay by the following points.
- Visit the File tab.
- Go to the Under Info > Rules and Alerts then select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Then in the Rules and Alerts choose the Email Rules tab and then to New Rule.
- Next in the Rules Wizard find the Start from a blank rule option. Then choose Apply rule on messages I send. After that select Next.
- Then in the Select condition(s) list choose the checkboxes near the messages or Outlook email you want to delay send. If you want to delay send all the messages then clear all the checkboxes. After that choose Next.
- After clearing all the checkboxes, you will get a confirmation box. Choose Yes to apply the delay email option to all the messages.
- Then go to the Select action(s) list choose the defer delivery by a number of minutes option.
- Go to the Edit the rule description list and choose Number of.
- After that go to the Deferred Delivery dialog box and type the number of minutes you would want to delay emails. Also, the maximum will be 120 minutes. Then select OK.
- Go to the Rules Wizard and choose Next.
- Choose any exceptions and then press Next.
- Then choose the Specify a name for this rule text box and enter the descriptive name.
- Choose the Turn on this rule check box if you have not checked it.
- After that Finish.
- Go to the Rules and Alerts dialog box and choose OK.
When you choose Send for the email it will get stored in the Outbox or Drafts folder. Here the message will stay for the specific time until it reaches the recipient at the set time.
What happens if there is no internet connection?
If your internet connection is not proper or if there is no connection, Outlook will try to send the email at the appointed time but the message sending will fail. You will be able to see the Outlook Send/Receive Progress error. Then if the internet connection comes back the Outlook will try to send the email again at another time.
You can follow the steps given here to schedule an email in Outlook. It is easy to do as you can see for yourself.
Q. How do I get Outlook to automatically send emails every week?
A. Outlook provides settings by which users can schedule emails that can be sent later at any time and in any frequency. You can use ‘“Send Schedule Recurring Email” options to outlook to automatically send emails every week?
Q. How can i schedule a email in outlook?
A. You can schedule a email in outlook by using Delay Delivery setting. Please read the above article for details steps.