Quest Migrator for Notes to Exchange – Best Alternative
Recently, one of our customers was upgrading its mail system from Lotus Domino 6.5 to 8.5 or transfer it to Exchange 2010. And we were only able to find some documentation named as “MS Exchange Server 2003 Coexistence & also the migration for Lotus Domino Mail” through Technet. Also, there is not any information provided about Domino and Exchange Server 2010. So, while searching for an alternative solution I found out SysTools Mail Migration Wizard software. I downloaded the tool and after checking it, I was amazed by its results. Thus, today I will share my personal experience with all the users who are looking forward to migrating Lotus Notes emails to Exchange Server 2010.
Eminent Features of Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration Tool
- Transfer emails from IBM Note to Exchange 2010
The software allows converting Lotus Notes to live Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 directly. With this tool, user can easily map Lotus Notes NSF files to Exchange without any data loss. The IBM Notes installation is required to save the data in Exchange.
- Lotus Domino to Exchange Server Migration
This is a suitable method if a user wants to transfer Lotus Domino to Exchange Server. There are some of the pre-requisites that are needed to be followed. The Live Domino Server is required to perform the desired conversion process. As, well as the working Exchange Server is required for batch migration.
- Migrate Encrypted Messages
The software is capable to remove any type of encryption in NSF emails. This is an optional feature provided by the tool so, user can check or uncheck the feature as per the requirement.
- CN Value Customization
The Lotus Notes to Exchange migration tool is built advance enough and thus it can easily convert canonical name format for the sender’s email address from the selected IBM Notes database. User can set either one SMTP name format for all the CN values or can define an individual one for each in CSV file.
- Include Folder Option
With this option, users can easily transfer the desired mailboxes from IBM Notes account to Exchange Server. The users can type the original name of the folder, and the software will start migrating the selected folders only.
- Map Names.nsf File
The advance utility allows users to map CN values by using the browsed Names.nsf file. The software can easily convert the Lotus Notes data by supporting CN values into the SMTP format in other email application as well.
Availability of Lotus Domino to Exchange Server Migrator
The Lotus Notes to Exchange migration tool is available in two different versions:
- Demo / Trial Version: This version allows the users to know about the utility in a much better way before purchasing it. The user can download this version directly from the official website. As this is the trial version of the tool, hence, it comprises some of the limitations too. The free version of this software will migrate only 25 items per folder for each NSF file or in each Domino Server mailbox.
- Licensed Version: This version of the tool can be avail only after purchasing it. User can purchase the paid version through a secure payment gateway. This licensed version does not impose any restriction on the number of data items that are exported.
Technical Aspect of Mail Migration Wizard Software
|Product Name||Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration Tool|
|Size of the Software||19.9 MB|
|Processor||Intel® Pentium 1 GHz processor for 32-bit and 64-bit|
|RAM||2 GB of RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||30 MB of free hard disk space is required to install the software|
|Windows OS||Windows 7/8/8.1/10, 2008/2012 (32-bit & 64-bit)|
Prerequisites to Use Software
- The Lotus Notes client should be installed and configured properly & should be not connected with the Domino Server.
- MS Outlook should be installed for any valid or dummy profile/account.
- The software supports Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016.
- If the user is using Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or Vista, then they have to launch the software as “Run as Administrator”.
After examining the interface, availability, performance, and technicalities of Quest Migrator for Notes to Exchange alternative, I would like to rate this tool 9.8 out of 10. Rest, all the highlighted features mentioned here are amazing and are useful at the administrator level. The development team has shown great efforts by designing such a brilliant Lotus Notes to Exchange migration tool.
Latest posts by lauramathews (see all)
- Want to Know How to Merge Two GSuite Accounts: Dig In Here! - June 29, 2019
- How to Migrate Email from G Suite to G Suite Account easily? - May 27, 2019
- How to Repair Corrupt SQL BAK File – Step-By-Step Solution - May 13, 2019