Oculus Quest 2 is a lightweight and powerful VR Headset. It will help the users to experience excellent virtual reality. So, if you are searching for the best VR headset, Oculus Quest 2 is a good choice. You will be able to log into Multiple Accounts & Share Apps by using Oculus Quest 2. That is why if you are a beginner or a seasoned VR device user, then you can make use of Oculus Quest 2. Here you will learn how to log into Multiple Accounts with the same Oculus Quest 2 headset. Then also share Oculus Quest 2 apps between multiple accounts.
How to share Oculus Quest 2?
The app sharing is an excellent feature that permits the admin account using Oculus Quest 2 to share Oculus Quest games and apps to other accounts. The additional users have to use their Facebook account to get access to the admin account. So, they can use the purchased account of the admin that has all the apps and games. However, the games that the additional users have cannot get shared. This feature is not available.
The app sharing is an experimental feature so that it can get removed also. Or else it can also get modified. Therefore, if you do not have the multi-user feature on the Oculus Quest 2, it is not enabled.
Here are the following steps you can follow to share apps in Quest 2.
- Firstly, you have to enable the multi-user accounts in your Oculus Quest 2. You can also add one additional account.
- Then log in to Quest 2 with your admin account.
- Go to the setting, which is a gear icon in the navigation bar.
- Find the Accounts option from the sidebar in the settings.
- Choose the Apple sharing option to switch on the feature.
- If you enable the feature, the toggle will turn blue. Now the secondary accounts on the Quest 2 will be able to access the apps. They can play their games and save the progress in their accounts.
How sharing works on Oculus Quest 2?
The app sharing feature permits the admin account on the Quest 2 to share the apps purchased by the admin. Therefore, if you are an admin account user, you can let your family members or friends use their accounts to access your purchased games and apps. Moreover, in the admin account, you can perform the setup to enable the Oculus Quest 2 to share apps and games. This will help the secondary accounts to log in and use the apps.
When you switch on the app sharing feature, the secondary accounts can use the admin’s apps and games. But you have to keep in mind that some apps do not have this feature. Some additional purchases required, and then only you can share the apps.
How to play multiplayer with Oculus Quest 2 App?
With the Oculus Quest 2 App app sharing feature, you can also play multiplayer games with your friends. But the process to enable it can be complicated. But here is a way you can follow to make the process easy.
- Firstly, you have to purchase a game in your admin account in the first Oculus Quest 2.
- Then add another account to the first Oculus Quest 2.
- Next, use the secondary account to play the multiplayer game in the first Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- You have to use a second Oculus Quest 2 headset to log into the admin account of the first Quest 2 headset.
- After that, you have to download and install the multiplayer game.
- Try playing the game on the second Quest 2 headset.
- If the app is supporting it, you can play the multiplayer game with your friends.
What are the limitations of apps sharing?
If you are enabling app sharing, it can disable some old features. Before Oculus Quest 2 released the multi-user feature and app sharing feature, it was easy to log in to many headsets with a single account. The users were also able to play the game with both headsets. For instance, the users can buy a game on their headset account and log into a different headset using the same account. Furthermore, they were able to use both the headsets at the same time.
But after enabling the app sharing, the users can no longer use one account with two headsets. They cannot play the same game at the same time. Therefore, two people have to log into different accounts to play the games purchased in two headsets. You can follow the steps given above to play the multiplayer games in your Oculus Quest 2 headsets.
These are the steps you can follow to log into multiple accounts and share apps on Oculus Quest 2. Enjoy the VR experience and make use of the headset feature in the best ways possible.