Mind-Blowing Instagram Statistics and Facts of 2019
Instagram is an amazing digital marketing tool, as well as a fun tool for users. Owned by Facebook, it is currently the ‘IT’ app on which people love to share amazing images and videos related to their business and personal life.
Below are a few of the amazing facts about Instagram:
- Instagram achieved its biggest milestone when the active members count reached a count of 1 billion in June 2018.
- Instagram is one of the most used applications among the young generation. As of November 2016, there were 59% of internet users between the age group of 18 and 29.
- Because of its vast usage, Instagram keeps on updating its app, in November 2015, around 60% of people using Instagram said they found new features while using the app.
- As per the estimation, in 2019 content posted on Instagram would see a rise up to 32.3 million posts.
Here we discuss a few of the fascinating facts and figures about Instagram:
1. In 2019, the count of active users reached 1 billion.
The launch date of Instagram is 6th October 2010. On its first day, as many as 25,000 people joined it. By March 2014, the number of users reached a whopping 200 million. As of 2019, it has over 1 billion active users monthly. Also, in January 2019, it had 6th largest number of daily active users.
2. In June 2016, the number of photos and videos shared on Instagram was 95 million
It is a huge number, and with each passing day, this number keeps increasing.
3. A lot of people claimed that through Instagram they discovered new products
November 2015, 60% of people claimed to find new products on Instagram. It is a great fact for businesses who want to use IG for promoting their services.
4. September 2017 was the year when over 2 million marketers made use of IG to share their business stories and drive traffic
Instagram is a central tool when it comes to social media advertising. It can help you grow your business and drive results. With IG stories, you can even show your consumer how you are working on a particular product.
What’s more? As of March 2019, Instagram has started a company checkout feature. It helps the user to buy that awesome pair of sunglasses without leaving the app.
You can also read: Top 10 Social Networking Sites for your Business or Career
1. The rise of sponsored content on IG by 2019 will be huge
In 2018 and 2017, the sponsored content number was 21.7 million and 14.5 million respectively. This number is said to increase up to 32.3 million by 2019.
It shows the stronghold of IG on people, and how it is one of the best marketing tools.
2. Chiara Ferragni is the leading Italian influencer
In January 2019, Chiara Ferragini was the leading Italian influencer with 12.5 million followers. The sophisticated Italian fashion blogger earns up to $12,000 for a single sponsored post.
3. Portugal soccer Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed celebrity on Instagram
In April 2019, with 160 million followers, he surpassed Ariana Grande who has 150 million followers. They both surpassed Selena Gomez, who had maximum Instagram followers for the longest time.
You can also read: Best Instagram Marketing Tips for Beginners
Now let’s look at some fun facts
Instagram started as a fun app and here are some funny anecdotes that you should know about IG.
1. The most famous IG image is a photo of an egg
Mind-boggling fact, isn’t it? In 2019, the @world_record_egg account started a campaign to beat the record of most-liked photo by Kylie Jenner. Well, it’s the internet, and the netizens made it happen. The egg photo becomes the most-liked photo as of April 2019, with over 53.1 million likes.
2. In 2018. The heart emoji was used a lot in comments
14 billion is a number of times the heart emoji was used in comments in 2018.
3. The most Instagrammed food is? Guess…Pizza!
Pizza is the most famous food on Instagram with people sharing it a lot. In Britain, though curry is the most Instagram food.
Instagram is truly a wonderful app where you can post about anything. And if you do it aesthetically and people love it, you can make records. So, keep posting on IG and keep having fun while doing it.
You can also read: Top Instagram Accounts With The Most Followers in 2019