Microsoft Teams is a very easy solution to bring people together as a group and share anything. Teams can be used to share information and have discussion as a meeting panel does. However, Add-in is available for Windows, Mac and mobile. Let us see how to download it:
- Click on Home from your Outlook. Then click on the Add-ins button.
- Therefore, this will open one more window which will show you all featured add-ins. Tap on All and then write Microsoft Teams in the search bar.
- Make sure you install it, for this go on to File, Manage Add-ins.
However, to do this, make sure you are using Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016. And also, Exchange 2013 or 2016 or else you will not be able to install Add-ins.
How will you add a meeting into the Microsoft team?
However, to do that you maybe want to be using FindTime, because it will help you a lot in it.
Therefore, FindTime is really good for the meeting who has more than 4 people. After agreeing with the terms and conditions, FindTime will by default send an invite to all the participants.
After choosing the option of conducting the meeting, Add-in will schedule your meeting with or through Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams. Therefore, whichever is set by you as default it will schedule accordingly.
Teams Add-In in Outlook for Windows, Mac and Web App.
The users who have Microsoft Teams the add in will automatically install for them. However, it is important that you will need to have Office 2013,2016, or 2019. You can see on the Outlook Calendar ribbon the Teams Meeting add-in.
For mac it will appear in the Outlook for Mac ribbon, if the production is in 16.24.414.0. And also should activate with a Microsoft 365 office or client subscription.
Once the user clicks on the Send. the coordinators of the meeting will be added in the meeting by invite.
For Web App:
The same Team meeting button in the Web app will appear as a part of the new event creation. However, it will appear like this if you are having an early version of it. Similarly in this also once the user clicks on Send, the coordinators will be added.
Microsoft Teams Add-in keeps on building functionality. However, it is good to be aware of the following things:
- The add-in will ask you to have an Exchange mailbox for the main user who is scheduling. However, make sure that at least you are having one Exchange mailbox.
- The add-ins is for the pre schedules meetings, with selected participants, therefore it is not for channel meetings. However, if you want to conduct channel meetings then you must schedule it within the Teams.
- If there is a Proxy of Authentication in the network path your PC or your teams’ services.
- You cannot create live events within the Outlook. Therefore, to schedule live events you must go to Teams.