WhatsApp has now introduced the most awaited feature for its users, video, and voice calls from the desktop. Yes, now you will be able to do WhatsApp voice and video calls from your Mac or Windows PC. Because most people are working from home and students taking online classes after the Pandemic 2020, hence this feature from WhatsApp will be very useful. Read on to learn how you are able to make WhatsApp videos and voice calls from your computer.
WhatsApp Web calling on PC
This feature is only for WhatsApp desktop app not for WhatsApp web. So you have to download the desktop app first.
Downloading WhatsApp Desktop App
Download WhatsApp desktop app on your pc or laptop in order to make video and voice calls from it. The version 2.2106.16 is available.
There are two methods by which you can download the WhatsApp app on your computer or laptop.
- Go on to web.WhatsApp.com scan the QR and login with your phone. After this you will see written “WhatsApp is available for Windows”, click on “Get it here” so you can download it.
- The alternate method is you can go to WhatsAp.com and click on the Windows PC or Mac and download it.
How to activate WhatsApp video or voice call from pc
After the downloading process, now install the desktop app on your computer. Login in to this app just as you log in to WhatsApp web by scanning QR code. And then after that follow these methods:
- On your PC open the WhatsApp desktop app.
- Then look for the chat wall of any of your contacts whom you want to call.
- On the chat wall, you will see the voice and video calling symbols just like you see on your mobile version.
- Click on the preference button whether you want to video call or voice call.
Receiving WhatsApp call from your Computer
Not just you can call the other person from your PC but also you can receive any incoming call on it. For this make sure that you are logging into your WhatsApp desktop app.
- You can see the same screen as you can see on the mobile.
- Select the green Accept button and then the will be received. However if you wish to decline the call then simply click the red Decline button to do that.
- By clicking on the 3 dots on the menu, you can also select the camera or microphone during the on going call.
Note: Please note that this feature is only available for separate individual chats only, the group calling is not available for now.
So these are the methods by which you can make WhatsApp voice and video calls from laptop or PC. share it and spread the word.
Also Read: How to Use WhatsApp As Private Data Storage