Congress has set aside $900 billion for the economic relief package. This is going to include a second round of stimulus payments. Also, this payment will contain the one-time stimulus payment of $600 for each person. For the married or joint filers, the one-time stimulus payment will be $1,200. Then for the dependants of age sixteen and under the second stimulus check update will be $600. You can know all the details about stimulus check update. According to the official sources the electronic stimulus payments may get deposited in the bank accounts in a week.
What Is the Qualification for A Second Stimulus Payment?
To qualify for the second stimulus payment a person has to have earned last year less than $75,000. Also the married and joint filers must have earned less than $150,000. If the earning is higher than the limit then the stimulus payment will get reduced to 5% of the person’s adjusted gross income which is above the limit. Further, this was the same formula and income threshold of the first stimulus payment.
But how can you ensure the stimulus check update? The IRS must have direct deposit account details of your bank account. If not, the payment will be sent through the mail and may get delayed unnecessarily.
What Is the Update on The Second Stimulus Check?
Here is what you can do to get the second stimulus payment deposited in your account. Then you can check it.
- If you have filed the 2019 tax return with the right deposit information to the IRS then you have done everything. You just have to wait for the payment to get deposited.
- If you have not filed for the 2019 tax return with the IRS then you have to file it through electronic means with the IRS. There are some free websites available for you to do this. One of the sites recommended by the IRS which you can visit is www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free. You have to keep in mind to offer your direct deposit information in the filing.
- There is no need for you to file for 2019 tax return if your earning is less than $12,200. Also if you are married and are filing jointly and your income together with your mate is less than $24,400. If there is no income for you then also there is no need for you to file for a 2019 tax return.
If you are not required to file the federal income tax return then you have to wait patiently for the IRS to open a “Non-Filers: Enter Payments Info Here” tool. Then you can submit the information here to acquire your second stimulus payment. But you cannot make use of this tool if you rely on someone else’s tax return.
Some of the information you have to provide in the tool are-
- You have to give your full name, mailing address, and email address.
- Give your date of birth and also a valid social security number.
- Then Bank account number, type, and routing number details are also required.
- Next, you have to give Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) which you will get from the IRS. If you have lost this number you can get another from the “Get an IP PIN” tool.
- If you have a driver’s license or state-issued ID then you can provide it.
- For each child qualifying in 2019 for the tax returns, they have to give their Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number. Also, state the relationship of the child to you.
- If you are a recipient of social security then you are not required to file for tax returns. You will be able to directly get the payment in your bank account. But the IRS must have your direct deposit information.
- If the bank account you gave for the tax returns is not active then the IRS will mail your payment to your last address.
Where Is My Stimulus Check Update?
If you want to track and see the status of your second stimulus check then you can use the Get My Payment tool created by the IRS. This tool began to work on April 15, 2020. You can check the projected date of when your payment will get deposited in your account in the Get My Payment tool. So perform stimulus check using this tool.
The above details will help you to check the updates of second stimulus payments. So if you are qualified for it you can check the IRS official website to know more.