If you consider other Apple operating systems, macOS High Sierra is the best manageable OS that requires easy installation on VirtualBox. One can install macOS Ventura VirtualBox on Windows 10 instead of High Sierra. Based on the user requirements, they can go with any OS installations on Windows 10. In this article, let us discuss how to install macOS High Sierra in VirtualBox on Windows 10.
Install macOS High Sierra On VirtualBox:
Here are the steps to install macOS High Sierra in VirtualBox.
A. Downloading macOS High Sierra:
In order to get the updated version of macOS High Sierra, you can check Apple’s website. You can download the image from that website, but those files will be in the DMG format. So, you need to convert it to ISO or VMDK formats. Such a format is required to install them in a virtual machine.
B. Creating The Virtual Machine:
To create the virtual machine, you need to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager option and check whether you see the ‘New’ icon at the top corner.
- Now, you will see a new window, ‘Name and operating system’ and enter ‘High Sierra’ in the ‘Name’ textbox. You don’t have to change anything in the machine folder but change the ‘Type’ to ‘Mac OS X’ and the ‘Version’ to ‘macOS 10.12 Sierra (64-bit)’. After finishing this process, click the ‘Next’ option.
- Next, you will get a memory size screen in which you need to increase the memory capacity to 4GB or 4096 MB. Again, you need to select the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, you will get a Hard Disk screen where you must choose ‘Use an existing virtual hard disk file.’ After choosing this, click on the folder icon to find the downloaded High Sierra image file.
- When you locate the file, you must choose the ‘open’ option.
- You must check that your files are selected in the Hard disk selector and click ‘choose.’
- Go back to the Hard disk window to click on the ‘Create’ option at the bottom of the screen.
C. Running Commands:
Now, you need to work with the VirtualBox Manager. Then, it will allow you to run the macOS High Sierra without any bugs. Also, you will be following the steps in installing macOS Ventura VirtualBox. Go to the start button and open the ‘Command Prompt’ option. Then, over the command prompt window, you must right-click on it to choose ‘Run as administrator.’
In the command prompt, you need to change the directory to the default location of the VirtualBox by entering commands. Then, based on the name that you have given to a virtual machine like ‘High Sierra’, you need to enter the commands and run them. After running the commands, you can return to the VirtualBox Manager to modify its settings.
D. Modifying Virtual Machine Settings:
Before installing macOS High Sierra, you must change the VirtualBox Manager. Here are the steps you must follow to modify virtual machine settings.
- Open the newly created ‘High Sierra’ virtual machine and choose the ‘Settings’ option on the right-side top corner of the screen.
- The new screen opens where you need to choose System on the left and choose the ‘Motherboard’ tab on the right. Check for the memory to be 4 GM, then uncheck the ‘Floppy’ under the boot order.
- Move to the processor tab and increase the processors to 2 numbers.
- On the left side, choose the ‘Display’ option, and choose the ‘Screen’ tab on the right side.
- After choosing the screen, you can increase the memory to the maximum range and, finally, click OK to close the window.
E. MacOS High Sierra Setup:
Here are the steps for High Sierra setup on VirtualBox:
- Here are the steps that are similar to installing VirtualBox Ventura. The first step is to choose the High Sierra on the left side of the VirtualBox Manager. Then, you need to click the ‘Start’ button to start booting.
- Once the machine starts booting, you will get a new screen with the loading of setup files. This process will take a few minutes, and once it is done, you will get the first screen.
- The first screen is about selecting the region, and you need to choose the ‘United States’ or another preferable region for you.
- The next screen is the keyboard layout, where you don’t have to change anything and thus click the ‘Continue’ option.
- Now, the next screen is ‘Transfer Information to this Mac’ where you need to choose the third option, ‘Don’t transfer any information now.’ Then, click on ‘Continue’ again.
- The next screen asks for ‘Sign in with your Apple ID’ where you must choose ‘Don’t sign it’ but click ‘Continue.’
- Over the next screen, you must select the ‘Agree’ option on both the pop-up and the ‘Terms and Conditions’ windows.
- The next screen is ‘Create a Computer Account’, where you must provide all details and a password and choose ‘Continue’. Then, you will see the ‘Express Setup’ screen, which is the default; thus, click ‘Continue’ again.
- Finally, the last dialog box appears on the screen where you need to choose ‘Continue’ to enter the desktop of the macOS High Sierra.
After installing the High Sierra on your Windows 10, you can update to Virtualbox macOS Ventura as well. The above procedure is easy for people to install macOS High Sierra on Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Use Diskpart to Partition Your Hard Drive in Windows 10