The HomePod offers exceptional sound to Airplay. Also, it is possible to use HomePod as the Default Speaker for Your Apple TV. The HomePod is compatible with the third to fifth-gen of apple TV. You can enjoy a more impressive experience when paring the HomePod as the Default Speaker for Your Apple TV. Some easy steps allow you to enjoy this exceptional experience. If you do not know how to pair these devices hen look at these quick steps.
The benefits of using HomePod as the default speaker
Homepod is the original speaker for the Apple TV. The sound quality and focus are more when you use it as a default speaker. The new version of smaller and cheaper Homepod can be connected to Apple TV in many ways. You can directly set it as default through apple TV or use an iPad or iPhone for this process.
- The Homepod is the perfect speaker that can produce the music and sound of apple TV effectively. The microphone and sound quality are exceptional when using it as a default speaker.
- Also, the Homepod is available in plenty of sizes according to the Apple TV version. They are unique speakers that offer crisp, clear and distortion-free sound. Users using Homepod as the default speaker can experience much better music.
- Also, simple navigation and ram facility is available in the Homepod speakers. The 3d mesh structure of the Homepod offers room-filling sound quality for the users. Also, Siri and visible LED waveform are available in the Homepod speakers.
The requirements to pair
To make the HomePod the Default Speaker for Your Apple TV, you need to have the IOS 14.2 version. Also, it is necessary to have an apple 4K TV. Before the pairing makes sure that you’re Apple TV and Homepod is connected.
Assigning apple TV and HomePod to the same room
To set Homepod as the default speaker in apple TV, you need to assign them to the same room. Let us see step by step instructions to add Apple TV and Homepod to the home app of your iPad or iPhone device.
- Launch the home button in your iPad or iPhone
- Now tap on the home icon to see If the apple Tv and Homepod is present in the list
- If the Apple TV and Homepod is not listed, then click the add more symbol
- Now select add accessory button
- Keep your iPhone in the same room as Homepod and Apple Tv
- Now add these nearby devices to the home app list
- After adding the Apple TV to the home app click and hold the button
- Click the gear icon present on the screen
- Now click the room icon
- Select any room to add the Apple TV to your device
- Save the changes by clicking the X button
- Now continue the same process to add the Homepod to your device home app
- Make sure to add the Apple TV and Homepod app in the same room
- After adding Homepod to the home app click and long-press it
- Now you will see a popup saying “when apple TV and Homepod are in the same room, you can use Homepod as he defaults speaker”? Then click use to proceed.
- After following these steps, you can successfully add the apple TV and Homepod to your iPhone device home app.
Steps to set HomePod as the Default Speaker for Your Apple TV
- Open the settings option in your 3rd, 4th or 5th gen Apple TV.
- Now click on the audio and video settings
- Now click the default audio option setting.
- If you see Homepod, then click the option.
- Lastly, you will see that the Homepod is set as the default speaker on your Apple TV.
Steps to set HomePod as the Default Speaker for Your Apple TV through iPad
- If you have troubles setting the Homepod as the default speaker then try using your iPad or iPhone to set it.
- Click the home app on iPod or iPad then click on the room that your Apple Tv is located.
- Now click and hold the apple Tv option
- The settings icon will pop up.
- Try to click the default audio setting
- Now pair or select the Homepod you want
- To select, this option your Homepod and apple Tv must be in the same room
- After clicking the Homepod now select the back option
- Now click on the X button to save all the changes you have made.
- After successfully setting Homepod as the default speaker you do not have to pair it whenever you switch on Apple TV. If you want to use the Homepod speaker, then the devices will already be connected to your Apple TV.
The above quick steps are effective to set Homepod as the default speaker for your Apple TV. Follows the exact instructions for easy and quick paring of Homepod and Apple TV.