Whenever people use Google Maps for commuting, they think the maps stop working after they reach the location. But it is not so, as the Maps continue to run in the background. One has to exit navigation to prevent the running of the application in the background.
What Is Google Assistant?
Google developed a virtual assistant software application which is known as Google Assistant. It is available on mobile and other home automated gadgets. According to the concept of Artificial Intelligence, this Google assistant can work in two-way conversations.
Several applications of Google assistant include,
- Controlling your smart house
- Access to your data like birthdays, etc
- Opening applications based on your control
- To exit the Google maps navigation
- Playing games
- Scheduling appointments and sending messages
- Real-time translations of speeches
How To Initiate Google Maps Voice Command?
Generally, our voice command manipulates the Google Assistant task. Some examples include,
- Send text message
- Set a timer for 5 minutes
- Call someone
You can use this hands-free control under various situations, such as cooking, driving, or other tasks. While using Google maps, this Google Assistant helps to exit the navigation easily.
- Firstly, you need to give the voice command “Ok, Google” to trigger the Google Assistant.
- To stop the navigation or verbal directions, you can give the voice command “Exit Navigation please,” “Cancel Navigation,” or “Stop Navigation.”
- To mute voice assistant but need to see the map directions, you can say “Mute voice guidance.”
How To Change The Language On Google Maps?
You may need to follow certain steps to change the language while using Google Maps. Such steps include,
- Open the Google Maps app and tap the profile present at the top right side of the search bar
- Scroll down to see the various options and choose Settings
- Under the settings menu, search and choose Navigation settings
- Then, go to Voice selection
- Finally, choose the required voice or language from the list
How To Start Navigation Using Google Assistant?
Assistant driving mode guides you well while you drive. Even you can make calls, send messages, or control the overall device through your voice command. Here are the steps to turn on the driving mode,
- Open the Google Maps application on your Android phone or iOS device
- Tap on your avatar present on the top right corner of the search bar and click settings.
- Then, move to Navigation settings and then ‘Google Assistant settings
- Finally, choose ‘Driving mode.’
How To Stop Navigation Using Google Assistant?
After getting the right directions or reaching the right destination, you can stop or exit navigation using Google assistant. For such an act, you can say any one of the below phrases,
- Stop Navigation
- Cancel Navigation
- Ok Google, Exit Navigation
This voice command, “Hey Google exit navigation”, will take you to the Google Maps address screen. So, you are finally out of navigation mode.
Stop Your Navigation Manually:
If your car is stopped from reaching the destination, you can manually end the navigation. For such a procedure, you must select X present on the lower-left corner of the screen. But still, you will be using Google Maps. However, you must exit the application entirely by closing out Google Maps. Close the Google apps completely to halt the navigation procedure.
How To Mute Google Assistant But Not The Navigation?
Sometimes, you like to view the map directions on Google Maps but don’t want to listen to its verbal directions. In such a situation, you can command “Mute voice guidance.” This voice command will mute the speech guidance of navigation, but it will still show the mapped guidance for you.
In order to get back the speech guidance, you need to say, “Unmute voice guidance.”
The Bottom Line
This article gives you a clear idea of how to Google exit navigation using Google Assistant from the above methods. It is very simple, as you just need to give some voice commands to exit navigation easily. If you are not feeling well with voice command, you can manually exit the navigation too.