How to Schedule a Gmail Email for Send Later
Email is indeed much important way of communication in modern days. However, you agree that reaching an email on time is also very important. Have you ever face an awkward moment when you missed an important email to send on time? Suppose, you want to be the first person to wish your friends or loved once via email exactly at midnight but unfortunately you missed it. This kind of moment also could happen in your office.
Employees are eagerly waiting for their promotion & salary hike email from Manager but what if your manager stuck some situation and failed to access the system to send promotions email. These are some common observer issues, which could be, happen because of the delivery of email at the right time.
Is there any solution to these problems?
Yes, is the answer, creating a scheduled email is a straightforward and simple solution.
You can create a schedule a Gmail email by using Gmail built-in feature. There are few extensions available in the web store, which helps create scheduling Gmail email.
Following are systematic explanations to schedule a Gmail email to send later:
Method 1. By using Gmail Built-in Feature
1. Login to Gmail account and select the ‘Compose’ option to create a new email.
2. In the Email create a window; write the email address that you wish to send the message. Write the subject line and compose the email with your desired text content. Now click on ‘down arrow’ near the ‘Send’ button and select the ‘Schedule send’ option.
3. ‘Schedule sends’ pop-up window opens once you select the ‘Schedule send’ option. This pop-up window displays some automatically schedules the option to send the email. You can select and schedule the email if auto-suggests times fits for you. However, in case if you want to schedule an email by your own schedule then click on the ‘Pick date & time’ option displaying on a pop-up window.
4. On clicking ‘Pick date & time’ option, opens Pick date & time selection details. You can select the target date from the calendar and set the time.
5. Once you update the date & time as per your schedule, click on the ‘Schedule send’ button.
6. You can check your scheduled email anytime. To do so, Navigate to Gmail home page and select ‘More’ link displaying the right side listed along with inbox, sent & other options. Look for the ‘Scheduled’ option. It will display the total count of email that is in the scheduled folder.
7. Select the ‘Scheduled’ folder and it will display the detail of your all scheduled emails. You can view more details by selecting the emails. Gmail also provides the functionality to cancel the scheduled emails. If you change, your mind anytime or there is no requirement to send an email, which is in the scheduled folder. Then select a particular email and click on the ‘Cancel send’ button option displaying the right side of email.
Cancelling the Scheduled email:
8. Gmail cancel the selected scheduled email and it will automatically move it to the ‘Draft’ folder.
Method 2. Scheduling Gmail emails using Add-ons:
You can also schedule an email in Gmail by using third Party extensions or Add-ons. There are available for google chrome and provide free services to help you. ‘Boomerang for Gmail’ is one of the most used and famous extensions which help you to do your job. Follow below simple steps to schedule an email using ‘Boomerang’:
1. Click on chrome options (… 3 dots) present at the right top corner and click More Tools>Extension. From the Extension page, click on Hamburger Menu (Left top corner) and select ‘Open Chrome Web Store’.
2. On the Web Store page, enter the ‘Boomerang for Gmail’ on the search field and select the matching result.
3. In the result page, click on the ‘add to Chrome’ button to load the Boomerang extension. Provide permission to add the extension.
4. Login to Gmail and you see the ‘boomerang’ icon near your account name near the right top corner of the screen.
5. Now, compose a new email and provide all the necessary details (Recipient Email Address, Subject, and content). The Boomerang is automatically displaying the ‘Send Later‘ button at the button of the page.
6. Click on the ‘Send Later’ button and a new pop-up window will open with different scheduling options. You can set a specific date & time by selecting the calendar present in the same window.
7. Boomerang is also providing a ‘Recurring’ schedule option to trigger the email at the same date & time as you scheduled once. This option is helpful to send billing, payment reminder emails. To do so, select the ‘Schedule recurring message’ option at the bottom of the “set time” window.
8. Set recurring times and select the ‘Schedule’ button to send the email.
9. You can find your scheduled email in the ‘Boomerang Outbox’ folder present right side of the page below other Gmail folder. You can also make changes like ‘Skip next‘ scheduled and stop the sending schedule.
10. To schedule email as your desired automatic action while sending an email, tick on the ‘Boomerang this’ checkbox. Now you can select different schedule times and conditions available by default.
11. Select in schedule time to explore more options or set a time as per specific date & time by selecting the calendar available on pop-window. Once you set the time then select the ‘Confirm’ button. Now, schedule and send it by repeating steps 5-7 explained before.
Scheduling a Gmail email can be achieved smoothly by following the above steps. Uses of third-party extension or add-on to schedule, email is not restricted to ‘Boomerang’ only. There could be more extension available over the web market to complete this task but ‘Boomerang’ is quick and easy. You can use its different features to fulfil your requirements.