How to Repair Corrupt SQL BAK File – Step-By-Step Solution
At the present time, most of the organizations use SQL Server to manage a large number of data. To protect the data from virus attack or other disasters, users create a backup of their important SQL Database. Microsoft SQL Server provides a free SQL Server Management Studio application that allows users to back up their database. But, there is no official method or utility to repair corrupt SQL BAK File. Therefore, this blog will inform you about the whole process of how to repair and restore SQL Database from the backup file.
SQL Server is now the most popular relational database management system for storing large data. It supports three files, MDF (Primary Database File) which contains the schema and data, NDF (Secondary Database File) which is used for extra storage and LDF (Log File) which contains a log report of recent actions performed by the database. MS SQL Server offers SSMS software to backup and restore SQL Server Database when the data is in a healthy state. If the SQL database backup file is corrupted, then there is no way to recover it. In this case, you need to use a third-party solution that will allow you to repair SQL Server corrupt backup file (.bak).
Here we will cover all these topics that are mentioned below-
- How to repair corrupt SQL backup file?
- Restore SQL database from bak file
- How can restore SQL Server backup to new database?
- How to import BAK file in SQL Server?
A solution to Repair Corrupt SQL BAK File
As mentioned earlier, SQL Server does not have an inbuilt utility or commands to restore damaged BAK file. This task only accomplishes by SysTools SQL Backup Recovery tool which is third-party software. It specially designed to repair and restore corrupted BAK file in just a few simple steps. The application supports to fully damaged SQL backup file with all data components like tables, views, stored procedures, functions, etc. It is capable to repair corrupt .bak file of SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, and all other editions. The software does not only recovers the corrupted backup file but it also exports recovered data items directly to the SQL Server Database or SQL Scripts.
Steps to Repair and Restore SQL Server Database from Backup File
First of all Download SQL BAK File repair tool and install it in your machine. Then follow all the mentioned steps.
Step 1. Click the Open button and then click on the Browse button to load SQL .bak files
Step 2. Select the SQL Server .bak file version manually or automatically
Step 3. To restore multiple bak file at once, click on the Multiple Backup File Option.
Step 4. Now, select Add Files or Add Folder as per your requirement
Step 5. Click on the Recover button to repair corrupt SQL BAK file
Step 6. After scanning and recovering the data, the tool displays a complete preview of recovered database objects
Step 7. Hit on the Export button to export recovered data items
Step 8. Choose an option from export to SQL Server Database or export as SQL Compatible Scripts and then fill the required details
Step 9. Select the required Destination Database option and Export with only schema or with schema & data option
Step 10. Click on the Export button to start the process.
After finishing the task, Export completed successfully message will appear on the software screen.
Why Choose SQL Backup Recovery to Repair Corrupt SQL BAK File?
The first question that the user asks when using any software application is why to choose this option. The answer to this question is: The tool provides a 100% complete and secure solution to repair damaged SQL backup files. For the user, it offers many advanced features and some of them are as follows:
- This tool comes with easy and simple GUI so that any technical or non-technical users can easily repair and restore data from .bak file.
- The software has the capability to recover full backup data from the corrupt state which contains MDF & NDF database files.
- It is compatible with all Microsoft SQL Server version like SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, etc. to repair corrupt SQL BAK file.
- With this utility, you can easily recover 1.4 TB of SQL backup files without corrupting any single information.
- If you don’t know the version of your SQL BAK file, then simply click on Auto detect SQL Server .bak file version.
- It also provides an option to restore SQL Server backup to new database or an existing database.
- You can easily export the recovered .bak file data items directly to the SQL Server Database by entering only the SQL Server login details.
The Final Words
In this write-up, we will explain the complete and step by step solution to repair corrupt SQL BAK file. Using the SQL Backup Recovery software, any users will be able to recover and restore SQL Server backup file with all database items. You can also try the demo version to check its working and efficiency.
Latest posts by lauramathews (see all)
- Want to Know How to Merge Two GSuite Accounts: Dig In Here! - June 29, 2019
- How to Migrate Email from G Suite to G Suite Account easily? - May 27, 2019
- How to Repair Corrupt SQL BAK File – Step-By-Step Solution - May 13, 2019