Poking is a simple task you can do on Facebook. Poking is sending a notification on the platform virtually. When you send this notification the person on receiving side gets a message that you have poked them. It is a game to get the attention of your friend. When you poke someone they can also poke you in return.
Earlier, this feature was available to everyone. However, as a Facebook user, you can poke anyone on your friend’s list. This way no strangers can misuse or poke you unnecessarily. If you are excited to start poking here are a few facts you need to know about.
What does poking mean on Facebook?
Poker is a Facebook feature that helps you to make a move before you talk to someone. Especially, if you have not talked to someone for a while this feature can help. It can be an icebreaker for you to talk to a longtime friend. There are lots of ways to poke someone on Facebook. You can greet someone through a poke option on Facebook.
Further, when they poke you back you can talk with them through message. Also, the poke option on Facebook helps you to know if your friend is active on the platform. When poking and when they poke you back they are available on Facebook. If you want to poke someone on your friend list you can do it. However, if someone pokes you inappropriately you can ignore and also block them.
The tips to poke someone from your desktop
Facebook features remain the same for both Smartphone and desktop users. You can use your windows, Linux or any other system to open Facebook on your desktop. Further, only Facebook users can use this feature. If you do not have a Facebook account you need to create one for this purpose. On Facebook, you can see a poke page and the list asks if you want to poke someone.
Search for a friend to poke with is an option you can see on the page. Also, once you choose a person to poke you can click on the bottom. Facebook sends a popup saying that you have poked this person. If anyone in your friends list first poked you there is an option to poke back. This is a fun way to use the poke option on your Facebook page. Let us see some of the other ways you can use the poke option on Facebook.
Read More: Why Is Sharing On Facebook Important?
The Facebook and shortcuts
- When you open the Facebook app on your device you can see Facebook and shortcuts at top of the page.
- The next step is to tap on the search button on your page. Also, you can search pokes on the search option.
- When you do this task it is called the shortcut pokes. Once you touch on the option you can poke anyone on Facebook.
The tips to poke someone through your iPhone
- First, you need to open the Facebook app.
- The next step is to use the seek option on your phone.
- You can type pokes in the search option after which the poking page will open.
- When you see the results all you need is to hit the option on the device.
- The next you will see is a bunch of friends who are on Facebook. The people visible top you are from your friend list. You cannot poke or send a notification to people out of your friend’s list.
- There is a pokes tab that allows you to check people who have poked you. Also, you can see how many people you have poked recently.
- Now when you select a friend’s name there is a poke option near to it on which you can click.
- However, for android users, the poking option might be on a different setting.
- If you use androids all you need is to locate the three horizontal lines on top of your page.
- The next step is to go to the settings and privacy option. Also, another step is to access the information and activity across your Facebook page.
- Lastly, tap pokes to enjoy a fun conversation with your friend.
Does the poke someone option still available on Facebook?
Many wonders if the poke option still exists on Facebook or not. When Facebook was popular the poke option is one of the popular trends on the internet. Now many are bored of using it often. The Facebook record shows that this option is less popular now. There is less number of pokes on the platform.
With more gifs and memes the pokes option is not used by Facebook users. However, Facebook still makes this option available to the users. Due to less popularity, the position of the poke option has changed. It is easy to find the poke option on the desktop. To find the option on your mobile phone you can check the above steps.