Summary: This blog explains the ways to join two PST files into one. Here, we will discuss the manual and automated solution to join PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other versions.
MS Outlook is widely used email client and it supports PST files to stores data including emails, calendars, contacts, and so on. It allows users to create multiple accounts and user creates accounts without having to worry about data management. Now users are facing problem with their large number of PST files and want to merge into one. In this blog, you will learn methods that will help you to join Outlook data files.
Before moving to the process, let us first know the reasons behind joining PST files.
Need to Join PST Files into One
- Large number of PST files can slow MS Outlook’s performance and speed, while individual PST files can be opened easily without affecting Outlook performance.
- When a user needs to share data with someone, it is difficult to share multiple PST files individually. Therefore, it is better to merge them into one and simply share.
- Users can easily access and manage multiple Outlook email accounts by merging them into one.
- A large number of Outlook PST lead data deletion and corruption problems. On the hand single file is easy to manage and open.
Manual Method to Join Two PST Files in Outlook
Unfortunately, Outlook has no inbuilt feature that will help you to join PST files. However, using some indirect method this task can be accomplished easily. This manual method consists of two steps. Follow the below steps to perform this task:
Step 1: Create a New Blank PST file
- Open your Outlook application in the system
- Click on New Items >> select New Items >> Outlook Data file
- Select location for the new PST file and give it a name
- Click OK.
A new PST file is created successfully in your Outlook account. Let’s move to the second step finish the process to join two PST files into one.
Step 2: Import Old PST to New One via Import Option
- Open Outlook and go the File tab
- Click on Open & Export and select Import/Export
- Select “Import from another program or file” and press Next button
- Select the option “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and hit Next
- Click Browse and select the PST file which you want to import
- Check the “Do not import duplicates” if you want to and click Next
- Select folders and also check the “include subfolder” box
- Select “Import items into the same folder in” and click Finish button.
Note- You need to repeat this second step to import each PST file because you only import a single PST file in Outlook at a time.
Join Two PST Files into One Without any Limitations
If you have multiple PST files and feel that the above discussed manual process is lengthy and time-consuming, you can go with this alternate solution. PST Merge Tool is a well-designed and trusted utility to join PST files together into a single file. It allows users to join or merge multiple PST files without any limitations and file size issues. To start the process, first you need to download the Outlook data merger software and then follow the below mentioned steps.
You can watch this video and learn the steps to join two or multiple files.
Follow the given below steps to join Outlook data files:
Step 1. Launch the PST Merge software and add PST files.
Step 2. Select Join option and click Next.
Step 3. Choose join PST files in New, Existing PST or Outlook Profile.
Step 4. Select mailbox items and click the Next button.
The joining PST files process will start automatically. Once the task is complete, you will receive a completion messages on your screen.
Joining two or more PST files together is necessary for the Outlook users to manage their data. In above blog, we have discussed the top methods to join two PST files into one. If you want a quick and reliable solution, then you can use the second method. In this way, you can join PST files together without any limitations. You can choose any method that meets your needs.