When we talk about hiding an app or certain apps on our android device, the first thing comes to our mind is to disable them or uninstall them. But it can have major consequences such as your data from the app will be deleted and you might have to start it all over again. In order to avoid such issues, you can easily hide those apps on any of your Android phone or tablet. In this article you will be learning the methods for how to hide apps on mobile.
Everybody has different situations for which they want to hide apps on their phone some people would like to hide the dating apps, some would like to hide VPN, or any social media app, while other would want to hide their work-related apps to save it from the children’s’ reach.
There could be any reason, the steps explained in this article will teach you or guide you in how you would be able to hide those apps.
While reading this you might be having questions like how to hide the app on a Samsung phone, or One plus phone or Redmi phone, so be sure that the method of hiding the apps is the same for every android mobile. Let us see how:
1. Use the Launcher
There is an in built feature to hide apps on the phone brands like Samsung, Oneplus, Redmi. Let us have a look at how to hide apps on them.
How to Hide apps on Samsung using One UI Launcher?
- Go to the Main Settings and select ‘Display’
- Scroll down and select the ‘Home Screen’ option.
- Scroll down and select the Hide apps option.
- Choose the apps that you wish to hide and then click on Done.
How to hide apps on Xiaomi Redmi Phones?
- You will have to open the security app from the MIUI Launcher on the phone.
- Go to the app lock.
- Select the apps that you wish to hide.
How to hide apps on Oneplus, using Oneplus Launcher?
- On your Oneplus device open the apps drawer
- Swipe to the right
- You will have written Hidden Space
- Tap on the add icon symbol (+) at the top corner
- Choose the apps you wish to hide.
2. Using the Third Party Launchers
Now if your phone doesn’t have a native launcher to hide the apps, you can download the third party launchers and hide the apps you wish, by using the ‘hide apps’ options available there.
3. Try Changing the App name and the Icon
An app is known or seen on your phone by its name and by the icon it has. You just need to change its name and the icon by using the launcher.
Let us look for the steps for how to do it using the best app to hide apps and it is the Nova Launcher, however the basic steps are the same in all the launchers.
- So firstly, open the drawer in the Launcher.
- Long press the app that you wish to hide
- Select the Edit option from the menu.
- Rename the app, keep some common name which could not be judged for example ‘Calculator’ or ‘Calendar’ etc.
- Then select the app icon and change it.
- Put some common icon so that one would think that it is some default app on the system.
4. Try Renaming of a Folder
One more easy way with which you can hide your apps is that you can add them in a different folder, and then keep a folder name really simple as in it should not be an eye catching name, so no one would be keen to open that folder and your apps remain hidden.
5. Use Multiple Users option
If you wish to hide your apps without any launcher you can do it by using the multiple users option on the phone. So here in this method you will have to make a new user profile and install all those apps which you want to hide in that profile, so your installed apps will only be available on the profile where you have installed them.
- To make a new user you need to go to the setting option and then go to the system.
- Select the multiple users option, remember that the steps might different from device to device.
- You will only have to look for the users in the search in the settings.
- Once you have created the user, you can switch to the new user from the panel.
So if you really wish or wanted to know how to hide your important or personal apps, then by the above methods if followed you can work on that, and keep your privacy. Make sure you go through each method and then apply them. All the best