A mouse is that key that lets you navigate in your device or pc. However, you can do a lot of navigations from your keyboard shortcuts but still at many points you do need the pointer to get it done easily and faster. However you must be having a question on your mind: why is my mouse so slow all of a sudden, and many windows 10 users face this problem. You will notice that your mouse is jerky and lagging windows 10 slows response to mouse clicks. If you are facing this issue then in this article you will learn how to fix mouse lag in Windows 10.
What is a mouse lagging and what is the reason for it?
The word lagging or lag refers to something when you have taken an action but the result takes too much time to implement on the task.
For example, you must notice sometimes that your mouse pointer does not match with the coordination of your hand, and it lags or delays the result. You might also notice that at some point the pointer is stuck and does move at all. Some other reasons or issues involve:
- Lagging of mouse during the game: Your mouse sometimes only lags when you are playing. If you are a game lover then it can be a very annoying thing, because most of the games require you to use the mouse pointer to navigate options within it.
- Stuttering of the mouse: It is a major downfall in your productivity when you experience the stuttering of your mouse. It complicates your task to finish on time, as you will have to bear with the slow working of the mouse.
- Freezing of the mouse: The most annoying things would be when the mouse pointer is frozen and does not move at all. It makes you think that if your whole pc or system is having a problem and also it delays your work finish in time.
- Lagging of a wireless mouse: Even the wireless mouses have the lagging problems. But the methods mentioned below should make it easier for you.
- Input lag of mouse: Input means clicking any of the buttons of your mouse. The default mouse has only two buttons i.e the left and the right, however many newer versions come with more buttons to keep it more handy and easy to use. But if these clicks or buttons dont work smoothly it will affect your work and efficiency.
How to fix mouse lag in Windows 10
So the conclusion or the bottom line is that lagging of your mouse delays in your work, delays or does not let you enjoy your game and a lot more. The good news is that we have many solutions to get you rid of this annoying situation.
Some methods include the changing of the hardware while others can be solved by fixing the system issues within.
Make sure if it is your mouse only creating problems and nothing else. You need to be sure that the issue is only with your mouse itself.
It is very simple to check it, you just need to disconnect your current mouse and plug in another mouse. By doing so you will understand that if this is the particular mouse having an issue or your pc does not support any other mouse. It is possible that only a certain brand has this problem while others do not, you can do this as many times as you want to.
Keep your mouse driver updated.
The drivers are the supporters of your device to connect core parts and other accessories. However, if your drivers are outdated then obviously face the problem. See the steps on how you can update your driver and make sure that you are using the current version.
- Launch the run utility by pressing down the Keys of Windows + R
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ then click OK. This will show up the device manager windows.
- 3. Click on the arrow icon that you will see next to it and expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You will see your mouse is listed there.
- 4. Then Right click on the mouse and select the ‘Update Driver’.
- 5. Select the option and see for a driver. This will enable Windows 10 to search the current driver and correctly install it on your pc.
- 6. Update your current driver by following the instructions on screen.
After you do this, restart your PC. After it starts again check and see if your mouse is causing lags or not.
Windows 10 has a feature that enables you to scroll within the windows when you point the mouse on them. Many of the users reported that this feature causes them problems with the mouse, on the other hand, many said that it fixes the lag when they turn it on.
Follow these steps if you want to enable or disable this feature.
- Select on the Windows icon then click on Settings. You can also click Windows + I keys to open it.
- Select the Devices title.
- From the left side menu select Mouse or Mouse Touchpad, depending whether you’re using a laptop or a PC.
- 4. You see the Scroll Inactive Windows option. Select it and Disable or Enable it.
- 5. Now check if your mouse is still lagging, if it is still lagging then restart your PC and Check it again.
Terminating the Realtek audio process
Disabling the Realtek audio process might work and fix the mouse lagging issue.
- Choose Task Manager by right clicking on the empty screen of your PC.
- 2. Click on the More Details option if the task manager open in a compact form.
- 3. Make sure that you are the default tab, i.e. the process.
- 4. In the Background Process, see the choose Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- 5. Once the process is selected click on the End Task button.
- 6. Check if your mouse is still lagging.
How to change mouse frequency in windows 10
The frequency of Windows 10 can also be a result of mouse lagging. Especially if you are using a wireless mouse this issue can be common.
Therefore it is recommended that you should adjust the frequency of the mouse in order to solve this problem. Follow these steps to do this:
- Open up the mouse configuration software
- Then Change its frequency from 500Hz to 250Hz.
Once you change the frequency you will not be facing the lagging issue anymore.
Connect your mouse receiver to the USB 2.0 port.
The lagging issue in Windows 10 also occurs in wireless mouse. To fix this problem many of the users have tried connecting the mouse receiver to the USB 2.0 port.
This should solve the lagging issue once connected.
Changing the power Manager option
You can fix the mouse lag in Windows 10 by changing the power management. Follow the steps to solve this.
- Look and click the Windows icon.
- Type in Device Manager and select it.
- Open the properties by clicking on the USB Hub.
- 4. Now select on the Power Management Tab.
- 5. Then uncheck the option which states Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- 6. Click on OK and then save the changes.
Turn off Cortana
Although this method is a bit of usually done users have suggested that after turning off Cortana their mouse lagging was fixed. So turn off Cortana by following the methods:
- Open the cortana settings which is at the top left corner.
- Search for cortana and turn it off.
Altering the Palm check Threshold
One more method that can solve the lagging problem is by Altering the Palm Check threshold.
- Go to the Mouse and Touchpad setting.
- Choose the Touchpad tab.
- Click on the setting Advance Configuring Gesture.
- Search for the PalmCheck Threshold and and move to the left.