“USB flash drive is not recognized users confront this issue when they try to access data on an external USB drive. When it happens, at that time, the USB drive will not show up on a local machine. Once this error occurs so, a user will not be able to open device or access the data. Mainly, this error comes with different kinds of messages in multiple scenarios. But, the prime query is how to fix a USB flash drive that is not recognized?”
So, here we come with up this ultimate article to resolve the issue such as how to fix a USB drive that is not recognized the issue. Hence, we are going to disclose multiple techniques to do so. You can go with any of them, as per your suitability. Let’s get started:
Reasons Behind This USB Flash Drive is Not Recognized Error
There can be so many possible causes behind the occurrence of this USB flash drive is not recognized issue. Some of them, we are going to list out in this section:
- You loaded a USB driver currently and that was corrupt and become unstable
- Your Windows might be missing other important updates hardware and software related issues.
- All USB controllers are getting highly corrupt
- Your USB drive may be joining the selective suspension
How to Fix a USB Flash Drive That Is Not Recognized Manually?
In order, to resolve most ordinarily asked query such as how to fix a USB flash drive that is not recognized. Here, we are going to discuss some steps to do so. This free solution is available in 4 ways. All the methods are specifically disclosed appropriately. Have a look:
Method 1: Uninstall and Reconnect the External USB Drive
- First of all, navigate to the Start and then type Device Manager in the Search box
- Now, choose Device Manager
- Here, from the list of hardware, you have to opt Disk Drives option
- Subsequently, right-click on the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select Uninstall.
- Then, you have to unplug the pen USB drive.
- Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect the USB. You can view the driver should automatically load
- At last, you require to check a USB flash drive in File Explorer
Method 2: Adjust USB Selective Suspension Setting
- Initially, navigate to Control Panel and then click on Hardware and Sound option.
- Then, in Hardware and Sound, you have to choose Power Options
- Now, in preferred plans Balanced(recommended) option choose Plan Settings
- Here, hit on Change advanced power settings option.
- After that, widen the USB settings and then USB suspension settings.
- From the drop-down menu choose Disable as an option.
- Finally, hit on Apply then OK to save the changes settings
If it does not resolve your problem so, move to technique 3.
Method 3: Assign a New USB Drive Letter
- Firstly, right-click on My Computer/This PC then choose Manage
- Then, choose Disk Management option
- Here, right-click on the connected drive and select Change Drive Letter and Paths option to change the USB drive letter.
- Lastly, click on Add, and assign a new drive letter from the drop-down list and hit on OK to end up the procedure.
After performing the above-listed ways, if still this USB drive not recognized exist. Then, proceed to another approach.
Method 4: Install New Windows Version
- Primarily, choose the Start button and then add Windows Update in the Search box. After that, choose Windows Update in the results panel.
- Then, opt Check for Updates. After completion of scanning choose Review optional updates.
- Afterward, opt the checkbox near to updates, then choose to Install updates option.
- Here, if a prompted wizard appears on your screen that says review the license agreement. So, opt I Accept to proceed further.
- Now, follow the directions which are displayed on your screen to install the updates.
- Ultimately, you have to reboot your system if prompted.
If in case, you lost your crucial data files from USB flash drive, after performing the above-stated manual solutions. So, utilize this SysTools USB Flash Drive Recovery Software to instantly recover permanently deleted data from pen drive. This recovery tool can quickly recover corrupted, deleted and formatted data from USB flash drive. Mainly, it facilitates an understandable and easy-to-use interface which is a true instance of user-friendliness. Moreover, it does not integrate with any compatibility issue. It supports all below and above versions of Windows OS. Thus, a user can recover permanently deleted data from any company and types of USB flash drive. This provides efficient features to implement an effortless recovery procedure. You can and you should have to utilize this amazing USB flash drive recovery tool via visiting our official site:
This post emphasized the free techniques to fix a USB flash drive that is not recognized. All the manual methods are discussed appropriately. But, sometimes, when users perform the procedure to fix the USB drive related error. At times, they lose some of their important data from USB. So, using the USB flash drive recovery software it can be possible to recover permanently deleted data from pen drive. Moreover, go through the complete blog to learn about this issue i.e., how to fix a USB flash drive that is not recognized.