If you want to save a new location in Google maps then you have to drop the pin on that location. When you do this you can find the location again easily. Know how to do the dropped pin on Google Maps. You can drop a pin on Android, iPhone, and web. So when you use this feature on Google maps you will know that there is more to it than what you are using. If you are wondering where am I right now exact address? Then the dropped pin will help you find it out. It can also offer you public transportation routes, times, and driving directions.
Dropping a pin is important in Google maps. It will be really useful for you if the place you are searching for does not have an address. Here you can learn about the dropped pin feature in Google maps.
What Is A Dropped Pin On Google Maps For?
The dropped pin in the Google maps is for saving the coordinates of the location in the Google maps. So the next time you want to go to that spot it will be easy for you. You can also share the coordinates easily with your friends.
How To Drop The Pin On Google Maps On Andriod?
Follow the steps given below.
- First of all open Google maps.
- Then you can search for the address or scroll around the map. Find the location you require.
- Long press on the screen for dropping the pin.
- Next, the address or the location will pop up on the screen.
- Click on the location to share it, save it, and then add a label to it. Then you can get the directions.
How To Drop The Pin On Google Maps On Ios?
The process to drop a pin on the ios is the same as the Andriod. But some steps can differ.
- First of all open Google maps.
- Then search for the address or scroll around the map. You can find the ideal pin location.
- For dropping the pin you have to long-press on the screen in the location you want.
- The address and the coordinates will pop up on the screen.
- Click the location to view more details and get the direction. You can also add labels.
How To Drop A Pin On Google Maps On A Desktop?
Many people are unaware of the fact that they can drop a pin on Google maps on a desktop too. Here is the process for you.
- First, go to the Google Maps homepage.
- Search for the location where you want to put dropped pin. Then left-click on the same spot.
- A tiny grey icon will come on the map. You will get to see the information box pop up.
- If you click that information box a new panel will come on the left-hand side. It will have more information and offer you additional options.
How To Benefit From The Dropped Pin?
Here are some of the things you can do with the dropped pin.
· Using the dropped pin for directions
One of the best features of Google Maps is its ability to offer exact directions. If you do not know the address of a specific location then the dropped pins will be a great help. You can use the pin at your starting point or the endpoint. You can also put a first dropped pin and also a second one to understand the location.
· Save the pinned location
You can save the location of the dropped pin. Then you can access it on all the devices connected to your Google account. There are pre-made lists available for you such as Favourites, Want to go, and Starred places. Also, there is a setting to add the categories you prefer.
· Send desktop pin to phone
If you drop the pin on the Google maps on the desktop then you can share it to your phone for convenience. You can email the address to yourself. Or you can also share the pinned location through the texts.
· Share the dropped location to others
The Google maps desktop offers four ways to share the dropped location. If you are sharing the dropped location from your Andriod or iOS device then you can use the share menu.
· Add a label to the dropped pin
You can label the locations in which you used the pin. The labels will sync with the Google account. Then they will appear on Google maps.
· Remove the dropped pins
You can also delete the dropped pins. For removing the dropped pin on your Andriod and iOS devices tap the X icon in the text box to remove the pin. Then for deleting the dropped pin from the desktop you can press the X icon available in the information box.
Using the dropped pin on Google maps is easy. You can follow the steps given here and make optimum use of using the pin feature.