Create Genogram on Mac and Windows PC: Genogram is a necessary drawing chart for many students and professionals. In order to create a genogram, you must have a genogram maker app or website. The genogram is useful to show family history, relationships and some other details. But it does not show in paragraph, it shows up as chart with colorful symbols and drawings.
What is Genogram?
Genogram is a smart display of a family tree along with its history. The Genogram is made of some symbols and drawings to show up interpersonal relationships, health status and emotional bonding between various family members. When you create a simple genogram, it looks like the picture mentioned below:
Who Needs to Create Genogram?
A common person does not need to create genogram so frequently as the professional. Here we provide the list of some professional people who often need to create genogram for some reasons.
- A Psychology Student
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Relationships Counselor
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
If you belong to any of the above profession, you will definitely need to create genogram every day or several times in a week.
How to Create Genogram
You need to get help of an app or website to create a genogram. You can use Microsoft Word or buy a third party software for making genogram on your computer. There are many genogram maker for Mac and windows Computer. You can also make genogram drawing on a paper with your hands, but it’s time consuming. Here we provide some easiest ways to create genogram on Mac PC and Windows Computer as follows:
Create Genogram with Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is used by almost every student and professional to write and edit documents. We all know that Word has some symbols and clip arts, but it also has the SmartArt Gallery and Templates Collection. You should use these features to create a genogram as quickly as you click a picture. Windows PC users can find Word under MS Office and Mac Users get it with Office 365. Kindly go through simple procedure mentioned below to create genogram with Word.
- Launch Microsoft Word App on your Computer.
- Go to “Insert” menu given in toolbar.
- Click on “SmartArt” option to open SmartArt Gallery.
- Here you can see Lists, Cycle, Hierarchy, Relationship, Matrix and Pyramid.
- Choose your desired option to see its ready art graphics.
- Add the graphic symbols and type text as per your requirement.
- For family tree, you need to add some graphics more than one time.
- You can also add shapes, chart and Clip Art if required.
- Now you genogram is almost ready, you can add vertical/horizontal lines to complete your genogram.
Microsoft Word also has some ready to use templates. In case you don’t find your desired template, you can get new templates from online template sites. You can also add text box and symbols to make your genogram look perfect.
Create Genogram without using Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is a very helpful software to create genogram on Mac and other PC. However, you can also create genogram without using the Word App. In order to do that, you will have to use another software or website. Now we will discuss the methods to make genogram on computer with help of a software and a website as follows:
Create Genogram with Free Online Pedigree Tool
Online Pedigree Tool is a free website to create and print genogram. You can visit this website and make your desired genogram as quickly as you want. In order to create genogram, the Online Pedigree Tool provides various features as under:
- Create Unlimited Genograms.
- Draw a Genogram Yourself or Use Auto Generate feature.
- Add up to 10 conditions with Genogram Symbols.
- Add Individual Relationship Attributes and Edit them as per your need.
- Add Custom Fields (maximum 5) to create a detailed genogram.
- Save the Genogram as Image or Take Print on completion.
Steps to Create Genogram with Online Pedigree Tool
The Online Pedigree Tool allows everyone to create genogram with some amazing features. You should check the steps mentioned below to learn how to create genogram using the Online Pedigree Tool on Mac and Other Computer.
- Open a Web Browser and go to the Online Pedigree Tool Website.
- Select “Begin Pedigree” option to go to Genogram Creating Page.
- Now you should select “Pedigree Builder” for auto generate or “Draw Pedigree.”
- Give name to the genogram and select gender of the head of the family.
- Add brothers, sisters and other family members details.
- Click on Next to Create a Genogram Online.
- Make changes in genogram as per your requirement.
- Save the Genogram as Image to your computer storage.
In this way, you can create genogram with help of Microsoft Word and other tools.