Every MS Outlook users face this type of problem where they want to import MSG files into Outlook. But, they do not know how to create a PST from MSG files along with its entire attachments. Therefore, we have come with this write-up to resolve all your issues. In this guide, we will describe some methods to convert multiple MSG files to PST.
Every user knows about MSG and PST file format. Both are the Microsoft Outlook file extension and used to store Outlook email data. But, the difference between them is PST store entire data or Outlook emails, whereas MSG files can contain only a single message of Outlook email like header information, body content, attachments, etc.
Solutions to Import MSG Files into Outlook As PST Format
Here are two main approaches to save Outlook MSG file as PST in Outlook.
- Manual Method
- An Automated Solution
How to Import MSG Files into Outlook- Manually
In the below section, we will discuss a few steps to create a PST from MSG files from Outlook application.
- Open Microsoft Outlook program on your system.
- Then, create an empty folder.
- Select MSG files that you want to move.
- Then, drag and drop the MSG file into the newly created folder.
This is a simple and easy trick to convert MSG to PST format. But, if you have multiple MSG emails, then this native method is not the correct choice.
- It can’t perform without Outlook installation.
- The native way does not support bulk conversion at once.
- There is no guarantee of data security.
Professional Approach to Convert Multiple MSG Files to PST
Using a manual way, there is a high chance of data-lose. So, it would be better to use the suggested professional MSG to PST Converter tool. It is an automated solution that can instantly create a PST from MSG files. The tool is 100% safe and secure that provides error-free results. It allows you to batch import MSG files into Outlook PST format along with all its related attachments.
Salient Features of the Suggested Software
- Quickly converts multiple MSG files to PST at once along with their email attachments.
- Preserve folder structure of MSG files after the migration process.
- Supports all the latest and earlier versions of MS Outlook.
- No need to install the MS Outlook program to perform the MSG to PST conversion process.
- Compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS and the previous version.
- Provides a date-based option to convert selected MSG files to PST.
- Permits to create an individual PST file for every MSG folder.
Simple Steps to Create a PST From MSG Files
Step 1: Run the MSG to PST Tool.
Step 2: Navigate the location where you saved MSG files.
Step 3: Click on the Export button to start the process.
Step 4: Then, select the PST format from the Export Type section.
Step 5: Finally, click on the Browse button to select the destination location to save the output PST files. Then, press the Export.
In this article, we have described all the possible ways to create a PST from MSG files. If you want to convert multiple MSG files to PST, then opt for the best SysTools MSG to PST Converter tool. It has an easy-to-use interface, even a novice user can also operate it without any technical assistance. Also, the utility comes up with its demo edition to import MSG files into Outlook. However, with the help of trial version, users can only transfer 10 files per MSG folder.