How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to Alexa
Alexa is perfect with the SmartThings Hub. This enables you to associate your Samsung Smart TV to Alexa. The procedure is simple and once finished, it will permit Alexa to control your Samsung Smart TV remotely. You would then be able to issue commands to Alexa to turn on and off the TV or change the channel without getting up from your seat.
The initial step is to associate your Samsung Smart TV with the SmartThings Hub. Note that not all Samsung Smart TVs are perfect with the SmartThings Hub. The perfect Samsung TV has its fifth and 6th code as “KS” or “KU” trailed by number “6” or more prominent.
In the event that your Samsung Smart TV is good, control it ON and associate with your local home network. Note that your Samsung Smart TV must be on a similar system with SmartThings Hub to associate. The state of your Wi-Fi system may influence the execution. When you have set up an association, tap the button on your TV remote and select “Settings” Navigate to “System” and choose “Samsung Account” Sign into your Samsung Account and notice your TV appear on your SmartThings portable mobile app.
Done by interfacing your TV to your SmartThings Hub, the subsequent stage is to associate your SmartThings Hub to Alexa. Open Amazon Alexa App on your smart phone.
Tap on the Menu button on the upper left of the screen to uncover a drop-down menu. Explore to Smart Home.
- Tap on getting progressively Smart Home Skills.
- In the search bar above sort “Smarthings” and tap on Search.
- It ought to draw out a rundown of alternatives. Select SmartThings. Tap on “Enable”
- It will open to another window asking for you to sign into your SmartThings account. Fill in the required login details and tap “Sign in”.
- On the off chance that the details you gave are right, it will open another page that has a bar with a drop-down arrow. Tap on the bar and select “Live.SmartHomeDB.com” and snap Authorize.
- You will get a triumph message that says “Alexa has been effectively connected with SmartThings.”
- Close the window. You should see a spring up menu. Tap on “Find gadgets”.
- You will see that the SmartThings Skill has been added to your Amazon Alexa App. Underneath the SmartThings ability, you will see a blue button, “Discover” Tap on it for Alexa to see all gadgets associated with the SmartThings Hub. If the added echo devices not found then there would be some technical issues like Amazon Echo Registration Failure error or any.
You would now be able to control your Samsung Smart TV by using these commands:
- “Alexa, Turn On/OFF the TV”
- “Alexa, change the TV to channel 5”
- “Alexa, turn up/down the volume”