Neck pain is a pervasive issue for people of all ages peoples. It is most common in those persons who sit almost all day. It can be due to sleeping in an uncomfortable situation. Most neck muscles can be constrained due to head down for a long time during working on a computer or laptop. Sometimes, headaches also start due to neck pain. Therefore, some people choose suitable pillows for their necks. These pillows help them in reducing neck pain and shoulder pain also.
How to choose the best pillow?
Different things matter for different people regarding their pillow. These are the main characteristics that you have to keep in mind. It is the correct height of the pillow and firm. Also, sleeping positions have to be considered while choosing a pillow. Factors that should be considered areas:
- Filling- Filling shows how it will support your neck and head. It also decides the type of comfort you get after using it. Pillows can be made of Memory foam, down, polyester, cotton, and many more. However, memory foam is better than anyone else.
- Firmness- Firmness means how is your pillow. Is it soft, medium soft, firm, or very firm? It will help you in proper sleep.
- Sleeping position- You have to choose a pillow according to your sleeping position. If you are a back sleeper, you need a different support system. If you have neck issues, you have to take care. You should choose a pillow that will support your neck correctly.
- Size- The size of the pillow also affects your sleep. If you pick something big, you have to choose a king-size pillow. It will help you sleep better.
What is the Best Pillow for Neck Pain?
Though there are many reasons for neck pain, it can be reduced by using a proper pillow. You have to select the right pillow accordingly. Sometimes, comfortable sleep can help in relief from neck pain. Choosing the best pillow is a great way to solve the problem regarding neck pain, shoulder pain, and headaches.
Different kinds of pillows are available in the market for different people. Some of them are as follows:
- Best Neck Pain Pillow For Side Sleepers- Eli & Elm Side Sleeper Pillow
- Best neck pillow- Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Neck Pillow
- Cervical pillow- Core Products Tri-Core Cervical Support Pillow
- Best pillow for neck pain overall- Layla Kapok Pillow
1. Best Neck Pain Pillow For Side Sleepers- Eli & Elm Side Sleeper Pillow
There are Key features:
- Size: 17×29 inches
- Filling: Polyester, organic cotton, and Latex
- Firmness: Soft feel. Its range is mostly around 5.
These pillows are specially designed for side sleepers. It is helpful to conform to your head and neck with proper support. It helps in preventing neck pain and promotes spinal alignment. Despite this, its filling can get messy after some time. It has a unique U shape that helps you relieve shoulder pain and neck pain. You can also change the filling of the pillow whenever you want. This pillow has the firmness and thickness that is needed for side sleepers.
2. Best Neck Pillow- Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Neck Pillow
We will mention some Key features in the following points.
- Filling: TEMPUR memory foam
- Cover: 100% polyester
- Sizes: Small (4-inch height), medium (4-6 inch), large (6-10 inches)
This pillow is available in a solid form that will provide proper support for side and back sleepers. The wavy configuration of the pillow provides a natural curve to the head and neck. Though its foam is not flexible, it is available in three sizes. The cover of this pillow is polyester, and it is removable and washable. Despite this, it is not suitable for stomach sleepers because of its contoured shape.
3. Cervical Pillow- Core Products Tri-Core Cervical Support Pillow
Some essential features that make it special.
- Filling: Non-allergenic polyester fiberfill
- Cover: 50% polyester, 50% cotton
- Sizes: 3 sizes available i.e. Full (24x16x3 inch), midsize (22×15 inch), petite (19x15x4 inch).
This pillow is helpful in both neck pain and shoulder pain. The Tri-Core Cervical support helps in headaches and neck pain by providing proper neck alignment while sleeping. Also, it is helpful for back sleepers. It will be available in three sizes. For instance, it is also helpful in adjusting. It is helpful for neck pain and Orthopaedics. It supports different sleeping styles. Nonetheless, it may feel too firm for some people.
4. Best Pillow For Neck Pain Overall- Layla Kapok Pillow
Let us discuss some key features of this Pillow:
- Filling: Shredded memory foam and kapok tree fiber blend
- Best for: All sleeping styles, especially for side sleepers
- Available sizes: Queen (18×28 inch) and king (18×34 inch)
- Firmness: Medium soft available around 4
The Layla Kapod Pillow can manage sleep relaxation in most environments. The filling and cover material are breathable. It is softer and breathable than cotton or wool. It can even help to replenish dead skin cells. This pillow is incredibly comfortable, and the cover can be easily cleaned. Different people choose this pillow during neck pain. Also, it supports your head during a headache.
In the end, we can say that different types of pillows are available in the market. These pillows are helpful in headaches, shoulder pain, and neck pain. Therefore, some pillows are designed for side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
Also Read: How Assisted Living Improves Quality of Life