Apple has revealed that its AirTag battery will work well for a year. So, when the time comes to replace the battery, it is easy to change. Here you can learn how to replace the Battery in Your Apple AirTag. The battery makes use of a CR2032 battery and this is often found in the remote controls. You will be able to get it from many stores near you. So, after you get the battery, you need to take the old one out and put the new one. Continue reading to know about the steps you have to follow.
What is AirTag and why it’s used?
AirTag is a popular device among Apple users. It is a tracking device that is specifically designed to work as a key finder. Also, people can use it to track their other personal items like bags, small devices and more. That is why it is quite a handy device. Many people have used the AirTag to find their lost items. Also, it works with the help of a battery that can last for over a year. The users have to change the battery if their old one stops working.
Change the AirTag battery with these steps
- You can begin the process to replace the Battery in Your Apple AirTag by keeping the white plastic down and the metal case with the Apple logo up.
- Then you have to hold the metal side with two fingers and press down. Now rotate it counter clockwise.
- Then remove the metal lid and find the CR2032 battery.
- Flip the AirTag upside down to take off the battery.
- Next place the new coin in the slot and the positive side has to face up.
- You can read the text in the battery that will say CR2032 when installed in the right way.
- Now put the metal cap on the AirTag. Also, check whether the metal teeth lineup is fitted well with the plastic casing. This is the same as when you took the AirTag apart.
- Now you can place two fingers on the metal side and at the same time apply pressure to the side that has plastic. Then rotate clockwise.
- Lastly, the tracker will play the chime which will be audible to you. This is to let you know that the installation was successful.
These are the steps you can follow to change and replace the Battery in the Apple AirTag. Do this immediately if your battery is dead.