Covid 19 or coronavirus was declared as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). While countries are taking precautions or measures in order to be safe from this infection there are few things that we can use in order to build our immunity and fight against this virus.
However there are a few measures to take and which are essential to take, that is you should be washing your hands when you have traveled and came back, especially if by public transport, you should be wearing a mask to cover your nose and mouth. Avoid touching your nose and mouth frequently, keep an alcohol-based sanitizer and keep using it if you are out or even at home.
However, people with diabetic issues, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and respiratory issues are at higher risk to catch covid 19. However, as your age increases your immunity levels go down. Therefore in the young generation with no prior illness covid-19 will be a minor infection if your immunity is strong and if you are not in habits like smoking or other things. In this article, we will learn about the things and measures that we can consider in order to build your immunity and fight against this virus. In this article, we will learn to boost your immunity system for Covid.
Improving your Diet
So number one on the list to boost your immunity system for covid is to improve your diet. Whatever you eat will result in your immunity, eating a low-carb diet will help you to maintain sugar and blood pressure, along with it eat protein-rich food to keep you in shape. Some foods like broccoli, spinach, mushroom, and tomato are also good options to build your body to fight infection.
Sleep like a baby, don’t compromise on your sleep
Good sleep for 7-8 hrs is a good thing to build immunity in your body. However, on the other hand, if you sleep less, it will be inactive in your brain and make you feel tired all day. Sleeping more will give your body rest and let it build immunity. In fact, if you have the flu vaccine then it is more good to sleep because it will help you in affecting it more, instead of sleeping less.
Consume at least 8-10 glasses of water in order to keep yourself hydrated. Keeping yourself hydrated will help your body to flush out the toxins in your body and lowers the risk of catching the flu. However, another important thing to keep in mind is to use certain juices as liquids like coconut water or citrus juices will also be helpful to prevent heatstroke.
Follow a healthy lifestyle
There is no surprise that if you have a healthy body you will have a healthy immune system. This will include maintaining a healthy weight, a good eating habits, and exercising regularly. However, this also includes not smoking and limiting alcohol intake. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle means maintaining the body function as it was designed to. It simply that way, as we take care of our body it will be more likely to respond in a positive and good way, preventing us from flu or other diseases. It also helps to boost your immunity system for covid.
Do not stress yourself
Yes, it is true that staying indoors and hearing such horrifying news can stress you up to the level of anxiety. The global concern due to this pandemic is also the mental health of the people. However, following a few steps will help you maintain mental health and reduce stress levels.
- Meditation- taking too much stress releases a hormone called cortisol, you will be feeling constantly anxious from within. Whereas meditation will help you relax the nerves and calm your brain. However you can find the guided meditations on youtube to follow and help you meditate.
- Avoid Smoking, Alcohol intake – smoking and other vaping activities have a direct impact on your respiratory system and can make you ill. Smoking continuously has a proven effect on weakening your lungs and has a direct effect on the respiratory cells. So to avoid falling sick, avoid smoking, vaping or alcohol intake.
Supplements to build immunity
- Vitamin C- Vitamin C is the proven supplement to prevent infection and flu, it works as an antioxidant against the flu or infectious viruses. Hence, it is the number one supplement to prevent you from the flu, cold, or infection.
- Zinc- Zinc plays a vital role in building WBC which fights against infections. However, having low zinc in your body can make you prone to flu and infections. Especially to older people.
- Vitamin D- Vitamin D can mildly have an effect to prevent you from respiratory infection. Many people are deficient of Vitamin D, therefore it is better to consult a doctor before having it.
Also Read: What Is The Lowest Caffeine Energy Drink?