As said in the earlier article, Chinese prefer homemade products when it comes to cosmetics. Chinese girls are so concerned about their looks that they keep changing their beauty products once a month and cosmetic companies should adopt strategies to know this trend beforehand so that they can sail smoothly in the market.
Let’s now look into the top ten cosmetic marketing strategies in China
- Adopt marketing strategies such that your cosmetic products are used by Chinese population otherwise, the supermarkets will not distribute your products.
- Sell your products online and maximum Chinese population uses online shopping portals to buy cosmetics. They prefer to buy products that come with promotions and free offers and go by word of mouth and they give a lot of importance to customer views and opinions. So in order to increase sales, you have to build excellent customer support which in turn depends on your product quality and advertising strategies.
- Advertise extensively on social Media like internet and specifically on WeChat, to attract maximum customers into your fold.
- Create a mobile app to advertise your products.
- Use online platforms to directly sell your cosmetics.
- Have photos and videos to display your products along with the product specifications and usage and this will bring more customers into your business.
- Use film stars as models to advertise your beauty products so that all the fans of that film star would definitely try your cosmetics.
- Ask popular bloggers and celebrities to speak positively about your brand.
- In order to increase sales, you should know your customers well and in the case of cosmetics, you have to understand the mentality of women especially young girls. The problem with the younger generation is that their opinion keeps changing and so is the brand they use. If you don’t keep track of their mind set, you will lose the game.
- You should know about changing trends and competitor’s strategies to emerge as a winner and as already said it is not easy to penetrate into the Chinese market.