Office 365 and outlooks are cloud & desktop-based, email client, respectively, both are developed by Microsoft for its users. Generally, most of the Microsoft Office 365 users prefer to access their account emails in both Online and Offline. So, they log in to their O365 account in MS Outlook and access data. But, the problem occurs when an Outlook user tries to access his/her emails in Office 365. There is no option for them to log into Office 365 account using Outlook id. Although Microsoft has provided a method to import PST files into Office 365 using Network Upload, however, this method cannot be executed by every user, as it requires high-technical knowledge and experience of Office 365 to perform this task.
So, to help all those users to solve their problem, we come up with this guide. Here, you will get to know about the best methods to import Outlook PST files to Office 365 cloud. We have trips and tricks for users who wish to import a single PST file into their Office 365 account and MVP recommended tool for users who wish to import multiple PST files into multiple Office 365 accounts.
Before we explain to you the method, you should also understand what are the problems faced by users while using Network Upload method.
Problems with Network Upload Method:
1. The method requires high-technical knowledge
2. Chances of Corruption of PST file
3. Confusion with PST file uploaded because of the reporting system
4. The import process is too slow
5. In the case of power cut or internet connection loss – Need to redo the whole process.
Method #1: Import Multiple PST Files Into Office 365 Cloud
This method is specifically for the organization and institution who need to transfer multiple PST files into multiple Office 365 accounts. Transferring the PST file to the O365 account is made easy with the help of professional solutions like SysTools PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. This tool is specifically designed for the organization/institutions that are looking for a method to import PST files into Office 365 cloud in bulk.
Apart from the importing feature, this tool provides different filtering options also to the ease of migration of PST files. The good thing about this tool is that it is verified by the Microsoft MVP and Experts. Office 365 users can trust this tool for the migration of their PST file data using this application.
Impressive Features of Import Tool
- Easy to use application
- A single user can import pst files into Office 365 using its own Office 365 Id
- Import multiple PST files into multiple Office 365 accounts using Admin account
- No file size restriction for PST file while importing
- Incremental import option to transfer new or updated data from same PST file
- Import PST to Office 365 shared mailbox with an admin account
- Date and Category filters for selective data import.
Working Steps of Professional Tool for PST Import
1. Download & Launch the Software
2. Enter the Credentials of Admin or User and log in
3. Import PST files into the software using Add File/ Folder option
4. Map PST file and destination user account manually or using Add CSV option.
5. Choose the category of data to be imported and the Apply Date filter for each. Click on the Start button.
Method #2: Import PST Files Into Office 365 Cloud – For Single User
This method works best for those users who need to import PST files into a single Office 365 account. In this method, the user has to add their Office 365 account in MS Outlook and use the import feature to import the PST file.
Important Note: This method is only suitable for importing PST files into a single O365 account. Additionally, users need to have MS Outlook installed on their system for this method to works.
Working of Manual Method
1. Open MS Outlook and Go to File option and choose Add Account
2. Fill the Details of your Office 365 account and click on Connect.
Note: MS Outlook will take some time for syncronizing Office 365 account.
3. Again, Go to File and choose Open/Export and then Import/Export
4. Now, select the option “Import from another program or file” and click Next.
5. After that, choose “Outlook data file (.pst)” option and click Next.
6. Browse the PST file that you need to import.
7. Choose the mailbox where you wish to import the PST file into Office 365 account. Click Start
After the import process is finished log into your Office 365 account and check for the successful migration status.
Advantages of Manual Method
Simple to perform & free to use
The best method to import the PST file in a single Office 365 account.
Error chance is almost negligible.
Disadvantages Of Manual Method
Synchronization time of Office 365 account with Outlook is high
No suitable for importing PST files into multiple Office 365 account
Requires MS Outlook installed on the computer
In this guide, we have explained two methods to import PST files into the Office 365 cloud. Both solutions are working and suitable for users. The first method is for users who need to perform the import process for multiple user’s accounts and the second method is for a single Office 365 account.
The automated tool is also available for free demo versions which import the first 100 emails from a single PST file into Office 365 account.