While thinking of designing a home, few things can come over of anyone’s mind. The first one is hiring some home design company, secondly to hire some professional from a marketplace like Upwork or Fiverr.
But that’s not the perfect solution as you will often be delivered something that you do not want. For example, you want a drawing-room where there will be enough daylight so that it feels energizing and refreshing as well. On the other hand, your designer may overlook this setting and may deliver a drawing room with not so much daylight.
Hiring some professionals not only delivers unwanted things but also involves a lot of money that goes away. So, finding a free option would be nice to save your wallet.
But the problem is free options are not available anywhere. Moreover, the CAD software available in the market needs an exquisite amount of money to purchase. Plus, the software is so complicated that you need to study the software for years to be an expert. That means without proper expertise you can not operate that software.
So, how to do it for free?
Let me introduce roomtodo. Roomtodo is a free online home design software that helps you to design any portion of your home. It could be your kitchen, your drawing room, your bedroom, or a full home.
Why I am suggesting roomtodo?
There are many reasons for suggesting roomtodo. I am listing a few of them-
- The first and foremost reason is it is free to use. You can it without spending a buck from your wallet.
- Roomtodo is free online software. That means you need not install it. Installing heavy CAD software on your PC takes a lot of space in RAM and as a result, the PC becomes slow. This problem does not exist in the case of roomtodo.
- Professional style home design is possible without any expertise. It became so easy that even a school-going kid can design a room. So, you have the option to design your home by yourself rather than depending on others to design your own home.
- All of the options are drag and drop types. This means you just select a specific type of structural component and then place it. Adjust the measurements and you are done with your works. It’s that easy to build a home without any expertise.
What options are available to you?
Nothing is actually free in this world except roomtodo. In the free option, you have many professional options that you would need to design a home. These options will enable you to build a complete home and even check the home in different ways. For example, you have the panorama option by which you can place your design around a cityscape and look how it looks with the surrounding. I will shortly introduce th options you have in the roomtodo.
- You can switch between 2D and 3D with a single click. There is option 2D and 3D. You can make a 2D plan and the 3D is ready.
- The construction mode helps you to draw the structural model. You have the option to draw walls, columns, beams, floor, etc. You have the option to cut a specific portion of your drawing for the openings like windows, doors, etc. You can change the wall heights or other dimensions too. If you have any pre-made drawings you can upload it to generate the existing plan and use it to generate your home design without any hassle.
- In 3D mode, you have several options. To cover the wall or floor you have the option coverings. These covers can be used to cover your wall or floor.
- For the interior design, you have the options like furniture, electrical appliances, decor and miscellaneous, etc. You can add pre-made furniture or other appliances. There are all kinds of furniture with adjustable sizes. So, you need not worry about how it looks after placing. Furniture like beds, sofa, tables, cabinets, etc is in there for your easy placement.
- Do you want to place an oven in your kitchen? You can go on to the electrical appliances option and choose whatever you want.
- Kitchen and bathroom appliances and furniture are different from what we have in other parts of the home. So, furniture or appliances for the bathroom and kitchen are on a different sub-menu under the furniture menu. So it is easy to find what you want.
- Do you want to add an image/drawing of your choice? You have that option. You can upload your own image and place it on the wall as per your wished location. You can change everything that is in a room and replace it with a new item as you want.
- What about taking a walking tour of your newly designed home? You have the camera options. You can set your camera as you want and check how it looks? Moreover, the panorama option will help you to check your design before making a final decision on the design.
- For home decor, you have the decor option by which you can place carpets, rugs, textiles, mirrors, vases, plants, etc. Placing decor items would make your design more look natural and professional.
- If you are thinking of holding a party in your home, you can choose the Christmas option, by which you can design your home perfectly for a social gathering.
Designing a home for free was impossible before the arrival of roomtodo. Now it is super easy to design a home and you can do that. No need to hire a professional or any company. Just log in, go ahead and browse a lit bit to explore the roomtodo. I guarantee you will forget that fact you are not an expert in designing a home. Your designed home will look like a professional build one and get ready to be praised by everyone around you.