Call it whatever you want but we will name it “Eye-Popping”. Yes, that’s what it is. Google has unveiled its plans for building up the super luxurious headquarter in the UK. It is going to be a £1 billion project. The self-designing campus is going to be a coolest corporate headquarter ever, with rooftop field, sleep pods and what not. After Apple’s spaceship campus, it’s time for Google. And we cannot wait to see it. Read the whole story for more jaw-dropping revelations.
- Now, this is how Google makes the distinction. Google is all set to build up its first-ever headquarter in the UK, what is worth eye-widening is it is going to be 870,000 sqft building.
- Not just that the “groundscraper” is going to have other cool features too. There’s going to be an Olympic sized swimming pool, gym, huge sports hall, garden, meadows, rooftop café (free food for the staff), wellness and fitness center. Need we say more?
- And isn’t it going to be the best place to work, when not just the fun part is taken care of, enough attention is paid for providing relax to the staff. And this is why they are going to have a sleeping pod, for the nap or stay-overs. And you thought your office was cool?
- The 11 story building is going to house about 7000 staff members (read lucky members). In case you were wondering, there is going to be a huge auditorium not just for techies’ presentations but for films and others stuffs, too. Now you turn green with envy, pals!
- The joint architect of Google’s new HQ, BjarkeIngels says “Our design for the new Google Campus at King’s Cross is rooted in the local character of the area, taking advantages of the contextually defined building envelope while creating continuously cascading work environments that will connect Googlers across multiple floors.”
Google is already amongst the best place to work in and the director of real estate and construction too says so “Our office and facilities play a key part in shaping the Google culture, which is one of the reasons we are known for being amongst the best places to work in the industry.” Truth is said.