Thinking about how to transfer G Suite to Apple Mail with complete information? No need to search any further, you are landed at the correct post. In this article, we are going to shed light on the following areas that will help users to transfer Google Apps to Apple Mail.
Topics to be Covered in this Article:-
- IMAP Technique to Add Emails of G Suite to Mac Mail
- Why IMAP Migration Is Not Ideal For Huge Data?
- Quick Way to Import G Suite Data to Apple Mail
- Bottom Line
So, let’s get started!
Transfer G Suite to Apple Mail Via. IMAP
Configure the Google Apps account in Mac Mail application is one of the easiest approaches to get emails of it. However, this process has some downsides that we will discuss later. In this section, we will focus on how this workaround works. This procedure is classified into a couple of steps.
Step 1: Modify Settings In Google Admin Console
- Sign-in to the G Suite account.
- Go to Mail and click on Gear Icon.
- Opt Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Settings section, tap on Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
- In the IMAP Access section, select the radio button corresponding to Enable IMAP option.
Once you are done with the above steps, go through the second stage of G Suite to Apple mail migration.
Step 2: Setup G Suite Account In Mac Mail
- Go to the System Preferences option.
- Opt for Internet Accounts and click on Add an account option.
- Type email address of Google Apps accounts and hit Next to proceed further.
- In the next window, type the password associated with G Suite. Then, click on the Next button.
- After that, there is a need to provide two-factor authentication code.
- Further, go through with other account settings carefully.
- Now, you need to opt for applications that you would like to add in Apple Mail such as mail, contacts, and calendars.
- Once you have done service selection, hit the Done button.
- Now, the syncing process gets started. Wait, until the entire synchronization procedure gets completed.
Wait! IMAP Technique for G Suite to Apple Mail Is Not Good For Huge Data, Why?
No Doubt, adding Google Apps account in Mac Mail is good to transfer emails. However, the same process gets annoying when G Suite account comprises lots of emails. In fact, if the messages are 50,000+, it will get hang sometimes.
Also, the synchronization time is directly proportional to the number of emails. As a result, the sync time will automatically increase and takes lots of time to configure the account properly in Mac Mail. And it is not worth to spend lots of crucial time on this.
Above all, if you want to transfer emails of multiple G Suite accounts in Apple Mail, then this manual workaround disappoints you. In case of syncing one G Suite account it consumes long hours, so imagine, how much time it will take to configure multiple accounts?
Hence, it is better to go with another option if you want to import a bulk amount of emails in Mac Mail.
Try Smart & Easy Approach to Migrate Google Apps Mail to Apple Mail
If you are facing a problem with the above technique, then it is good to use SysTools Google Apps Backup Service for quick and safe Google Apps Migration for Windows System. Designed with a sophisticated algorithm that lets users export multiple G Suite account emails on a local system in one go. After saving the emails on an offline platform, one can transfer this backup file in any email applications that run on any platform such as Apple Mail.
Moreover, there is a Date filter that sorts out emails according to a particular range of date that set by the user. Afterwards, the software export an offline copy of those emails only. Furthermore, the user is not limited to migrate G suite emails to Apple Mail with this utility. In fact, the tool downloads Google Apps messages in a number of formats such as;
- PST Format: Compatible with Outlook 2019,2016,2013 or earlier versions
- MBOX File: Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, Eudora Mail, Pocomail, The Bat, MailCopa etc
- MSG File: Supported by MS Outlook application
Plus, the tool can backup contacts, calendars, and documents along with email on the desired location. The other inviting features like Delete After Download, Include Folders also make this software great.
Time To End The Article
That’s all about how to transfer G Suite to Apple Mail in every possible situation. In this article, we have discussed the manual technique as well as a smart way to achieve the same task.
Although, it is suggested to use G Suite Backup tool to export a large number of emails. With this utility, only need to take backup of mails in MBOX on Windows machine and move them to Apple Mail on Mac system.