Faxing without using the landline is the new norm. This is because the businesses using the fax can send the documents also to slow adopters. So, there is always a steady flow of communication. Now many organizations have changed to new modes of communication like email and messages. But still, some companies follow old school method of sending messages through fax. Yet there is a way to do it easily without a phone line. You can know about it here to send Fax from Windows 10 without a phone line.
Are you still using fax machines to send documents? Then it is cool because there is something very interesting about sending documents through fax. Do you know that you can fax from windows 10 without a phone line? Also, if you want to do that then you are in the right place. Have a look at all the steps here.
How does the fax work?
Most of the old fax machines in use today are in a connection with old telephone lines. So, a standard fax machine gives a phone call to the number you want. Then the fax machine in the destination answers the call and the documents get transmitted through the line. Therefore, this is how the message transfers from one fax machine to the other.
This was the process people used to send messages before the internet. You may think that this is an archaic method but still many people are using it. Now people are using the computer to send fax from one machine to another. Furthermore, many businesses consider fax machines as the safest medium of transferring documents.
What are the benefits of fax?
Here are the benefits of using fax machines for sending and receiving important documents.
- One of the main advantages of online fax services is that you can send and receive files anytime from any location.
- The internet-based faxing services are easy to use. Also, it allows you to organise the important files.
- Fax services save you a lot of money.
- Using fax to send and receive documents is a secure means of transfer.
How to fax using Windows 10?
You can use the online fax provider in Windows 10 to use the fax. This service helps you to fax with an internet connection. Therefore, this means that you can send and receive faxes to the desired location.
- Set up Windows fax and scan
- In the search area find the Windows Fax and Scan.
- Press Tools and choose the Fax Accounts.
- Then Add to install from the fax modem.
- Select from Automatic or Manual Answering.
- Use Windows fax and scan
- Type the windows fax and scan.
- Press the New Fax available in the toolbar.
- Add the fax number of the recipient in the To box.
- You can add the cover page.
- Attach all the documents you have to send.
- After you have completed press send.
This step will allow you to send faxes without the use of additional software or equipment. You have to sign up to the eFax account to use the steps to fax from windows 10 without a phone line. Instead of a phone line, you have to use the internet. Moroever, there are also other methods. Have a look at them.
Using the eFax online to send Fax
Sending messages through eFax is easy to do. You have to just type the message and also attach the files. After that, you have to hit send. Furthermore, follow the steps below to send a fax from windows 10 without a phone line.
- Send a fax in your account using Websend Form
- First of all, log into your eFax account.
- Then go to send Faxes.
- Choose the recipient from your contacts or you can type the name and organisation you have to send.
- Then select Fax-To Country and select the location of the recipient.
- After that enter the fax number of the recipient.
- Add the cover page and enter the subject and body.
- To add the file, you have to press browse and select the document.
- You can also choose the resolution of the fax in the quality list.
- At the end select Send faxes.
Using the email to send Fax
You can send faxes through email. This is one of the common methods used by people if they do not prefer to log into their eFax account. Follow the steps below to send a fax from windows 10 without a phone line.
- Compose a new email in the email service of your choice.
- Then enter the fax number of the recipient with @efaxsend.com in the To area.
- You can add up to ten files here.
- If you want to add a cover page type the body in the email. Or else you can select from the cover page templates.
- In the end, hit send.
- The email will automatically convert your email into a fax.
These are the methods you can follow to fax from windows 10 without a phone line. This is the new way to fax.