Now you can use the Google Home with your TV by connecting it. There are no ways to physically connect it but you will be able to perform voice commands through the home network to your TV. Therefore, you will be able to get excellent content. You can also control some functions on the TV. The Google Home is a smart device and will make your life easier like Amazon Alexa. With simple commands, you can control the TV. It will be as if you are living in the future. So, if you have got the Google Home device try connecting it with a TV for an exceptionable experience. Continue reading to know more.
1. How to connect Google Home to TV with Chromecast?
One of the best ways to connect your TV with Google Home is by Google Chromecast. If you have this device plugged into your TV then you can set up a connection. Many people use the smartphone or tablet to stream the content they wish to see on TV. But when you pair the Chromecast with Google Home you can make use of Google Assistant. So you can use the voice commands on your Google Home device.
- To start the connection, ensure whether you have plugged the Chromecast into the TV.
- Switch on the TV and check if the Chromecast screen appears on the TV.
- Then open the Google Home app on your phone.
- Click on the plus sign.
- Next, select the Setup device option.
- Then click Set up new devices in your home option.
- You can either pick an existing home or create a new one.
- After that click next.
- Your phone will begin to search for the Chromecast. When the app finds the device click next.
- Then you have to confirm if the code on the TV matches that of the phone. After that press Yes.
- Select I agree to continue with the process.
- Next click Yes, I’m in.
- Select a room for the app to identify where the chromecast is.
- You have to connect the chromecast to Wi-Fi by following the prompt.
- Click Next to connect the Chromecast to the Google account.
- Then you can follow some extra on-screen steps to set up the device.
Connect Google Home and Chromecast
You can pair the Google Home and Chromecast easily. It will help you to play music and videos. But if your Google Home is not connecting with the Chromecast follow the steps below.
- In the Google Home app, go to TV where you have connected the Chromecast.
- Press the gear icon.
- Press the Default TV and check if the Chromecast TV is selected or not.
- Click Home and then select the home where you are using the Chromecast.
- Tap Next.
- Press Move device.
2. How to use Google Home to TV with Logitech Harmony Remote Control System?
You can use a third-party device to connect Google Home to TV. One such device is the Logitech Harmony Remote Control System. By forming a Google Home connection with a compatible Harmony Remote system, you can control many functions. You will be able to access the functions for using the TV by voice commands. Follow all the steps below to connect Google Home to TV by using the Logitech Harmony remote.
- Click the plus sign in the Google Home app.
- Then choose the option to set up the device.
- After that choose Have something already set up?
- Click the search icon available at the top and type Harmony.
- Then click Harmony.
- You can follow the on-screen directions to connect the account.
Use Harmony Remote to turn the TV ON or OFF
If you want to use the remote to switch on and off the TV then install the IFTTT app on your phone. You can use the steps below which will connect the “OK Google–Turn on/off the TV” to the Google Home. Also, you can use the compatible Harmony Remote control system to do the process. After installing the app follow the steps.
- Click Get more which you can see at the bottom of the IFTTT app.
- Look for Harmony and then choose it from the list provided for you.
- Select the connect option.
- Then log in by entering your credentials.
3. How to use Google Home with the TV that has inbuilt Chromecast?
Connecting the Chromecast with the Google Home is one of the easiest setups. This will enable you to use the Google Assistant voice commands to watch videos on your TV. But today many Smart TVs contain In-built Chromecast for extra convenience.
So with Google Home, you can play streaming content and also get access to control aspects such as volume control. If the TV has built-in Chromecast then do the preliminary setup in your smartphone. You can download the Google Home app on your phone to do the process.
These are the ways that will help you to connect the Google Home Device to your TV. Therefore, make your sweet home smart home through Google Home.