MS Outlook is a popular email application & a personal information manager that manages your emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other items. If you are an Android smartphone user who is planning to transfer contacts from Outlook to Android, then you must know that this process is more complex than it seems. If you have been thinking to copy each contact from your Outlook account to your Android, then it will drive you crazy.
“I have recently bought myself an Android OS smartphone and I use MS Outlook in my office. Since the pandemic has forced us all to work from home, I find it extremely problematic to manage all of my work from the comfort of my home. The biggest hurdle has been the absence of my Outlook contacts that requires me to call up my colleagues for every client’s communication information. I have tried so many ways to transfer contacts from Outlook to Android phone, but couldn’t find success. Is there any practical and simple way of doing so?”
If you too are facing similar problems, then keep reading this article to find yourself a suitable solution.
How to Transfer Contacts from Outlook to Android?
MS Outlook provides the option to export its items in two formats namely PST and CSV. Whereas, Android supports a vCard (VCF) file format to save its contacts. Microsoft has enabled the EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) feature that allows you to synchronize all of the Outlook items including contacts with your Android smartphone.
Another way to export Outlook contacts to Android is to use PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. This software is a highly advanced utility that swiftly converts contacts from Outlook to Android.
Features of the PCVITA Outlook to vCard Converter Tool:
- Migrates damaged or orphaned Outlook PST files.
- Transfers the files that are protected by passwords.
- Moves all contacts in a single attempt.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy & data integrity.
- The resultant vCard file can be imported to multiple platforms.
- Compatible with various versions of MS Outlook & Windows.
- Option to automatically find PST files & load them.
- Migrates all attributes & details of the contact files.
- Can create a single file or individual files for each contact.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from Outlook to Android:
- Download, install, and launch PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. Then add files or folder containing Outlook PST files.
2. The software will then scan the files before adding them. It checks the files for any form of corruption in them.
3. Now, you can preview all of the contacts along with their attributes and details. Then, choose the files to export into Android.
4. At last, choose the vCard export option, provide a location to save the file, and click on the Export button.
Import Contacts to Android
- In your phone, navigate and click on the Contacts icon.
- A contact list will be displayed to you. Click on three dots or menu.
- From here, tap on the Import/Export option.
- Now, choose the Import from .vcf file option & go-to location where your vCard files are saved.
- Choose all the vCard files you exported previously.
- The process begins and after the completion of the procedure, you can view your contacts in Android.
Manual Way to Transfer Contacts from Outlook to Android
The manual method is comparatively more complex and lengthy. It involves three steps and requires another email client just to make the migration possible.
Step 1: Export Contacts from Outlooks
- Launch Outlook application and click on File.
- Then, select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Now, tap on Export to a File and click on Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and tap on Next.
- Next, browse a location to save the file.
Step 2: Import the Contacts to Gmail Account
- Launch Gmail and login to your credentials.
- Click on the Mail option and tap on the Contacts button.
- After the contact list opens, select More > Import.
- Click on Choose File > Outlook Address Book file (contact).
- Select the Import button to add them.
Step 3: Sync Contacts with Android
- Tap on the Apps option and open Settings.
- Under the Account option > click on Google.
- Select your Google account to import contacts from.
- At last, click on Contacts to sync.
The process to transfer contacts from Outlook to Android is complete.
Limitations of the Manual Method
Any manual procedure always has one or other limitations associated with it because of the lack of features it offers. The data is always prone to damage or permanent loss. Also, the time-consuming nature & inconsistency leads most of the users to opt for the PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software.
In this informative blog, we explained two methods to transfer contacts from Outlook to Android. Most of the users need to make this transition from Outlook to Android but because of its complex nature, many users are unable to execute it. Therefore, to overcome this hurdle, we have explained to you a professional and smarter way to complete the job free of cost.