The British traditions are associated with sound scientific policies. The policymakers have developed the high-tech industrial strategies to grow the opportunities and research strength in the UK. They want the UK as the global leader with sustained and best high-tech strategies. The Britain scientific excellence can be observed all over the world. They have splendid contributions in the modern world technologies. They have a significantly achieved place in the research and development.
They have a fair and extensive funding system for the research. Their ministers do not believe in such funding and financial matters. It is a great reason to get success in achieving 8 great technologies. Let’s have a look at these technologies briefly.
1. Data Revolution
The UK has set up leadership council including e-infrastructure with partners to share the funding for research. The benefit of co-investment will be in the form of data flows by providing open data revolution service. The UK state has invested millions of pounds in the data revolution since 2011 and continuously investing. The ambition of the government is to develop and maintain the link with
• environmental data,
• genetic data
• educational research data outcome
• economic data
• computer programs data
• astronomical data
• social benefits in various aspects
• logarithms data
They want to facilitate the new generations with recognizes the computational system. So, that they will not face problems as people have experienced before this advancement. They have designed mixed and massive data set for the generations.
Most of the people think that space or satellite has imaginary value and importance not practically. In reality, the satellite has more potential and practical value in data generation. It is considered and proved as one of the most significant sources in data developing and recognizing. The UK has made development in various ways as stated follows. Satellite helps in monitoring:
• The changes are affecting our planet due to environmental and metrological modifications.
• Enables the authorities in reducing illegal logging by observing deforestation.
• Measurement of changes occurred in polar ice to determine the climate change.
• Calculation of Carbon dioxide emissions from power stations of a coal fire.
• Produced deformation maps to show the results of an earthquake within a few minutes.
They are more conscious about expansion in satellite research and data revolution to interlink with other disciplines.
3. Robotics & Autonomous System
The UK has made remarkable contributions in this area. They demonstrated distinct strengths. The “Engineering and Physical Science Research Council” has funded on the research of the robotics. They have the skill of data handling from a range of various sources effectively. They have an autonomous system with excellence. They have sustained their skills and excellence in science like their traditions. They have developed:
• Various applications across many kinds of industrial sectors
• The control flow of massive data fast.
• Obtained strong position in developing technology for cross-disciplines.
• Identified the robotic services for high growth potential.
• The developed an autonomous system in medicine, education, entertainment, transport, manufacturing, defence, and health care.
• Developed self-power robotics laboratory.
• Developed an autonomous device to clean swimming pools.
• The medical and surgical robotics market has developed and attained growth.
4. Synthetic Biology
The life science is considered a key part of technical strategies and future science in the UK. They have organized important commitments.
• Made the genetic code sequence for NHS patients.
• Stratified medicines that are targeted in certain conditions.
• Developed various diagnostics therapies in the growing market.
• British laboratories aimed to do beyond human development. They have substantially contributed to sequencing wheat, tomato, barley, and others.
• They organized biological system engineering.
• They developed synthetic biology in terms of the heel, feed, and fuel.
• They want to organize a standard process of new genes creation.
“The Research Council and Technology Strategy Board” is intended to invest more in synthetic biology to lead among three major global players in this field.
5. Regenerative Medicines
The restoring function is involved in replacing or restoring the human cells, organ, and tissues. It includes three approaches. These are transplantation, stimulation and biomaterial development. The UK has achieved excellence in this discipline as well.
• They have revolutionized the organism development for animals and plants as well.
• Cloning is applied to animals along with plants.
• Got leading position in commercial translation for regenerative medicines.
• “Medical Research Council” is investing remarkably to enhance the potential of research.
The life sciences are beyond from the human research. The biological science led significant impact on horticulture and agriculture. The biotechnological advancements in the UK have brought revolution in agriculture there.
• Made experiments on analyzing long-term impacts of agricultural practices and transitional environment on soil, crops, and farmlands.
• Introducing animal diseases
• Identified viruses crossing from animals to humans.
• Achieved leading position in animal genetics and poultry genetics.
• Better seeds development
• Farm animals would be more productive.
• More capital investments to decrease the exfoliation of domestic agriculture.
7. Advanced Materials
The UK has a strengthening position in advanced materials science. They have planned and designed business applications and strategies. They have done advance research I various fields.
• Atomic-level materials created having specific properties.
• Excellence in biomaterials, metals, renewable materials, plastic, electronics.
• Developed R&D for manufacturing
• Promoted microscopy
• Developed metrology, fabrication and characterization equipment.
• Advancement in 3D printing, packaging boxes, digital custom boxes printing
• Ensured new technology with advancement in materials.
• Innovation in materials for various business sectors and aerospace.
• Advancement in structural materials for construction.
• Innovation in health monitoring
• Prepared sports shirts for players for monitoring the heartbeat.
8. Energy Storage
Energy covers a wide range of various technologies. The UK has obtained many achievements in many sectors.
• Strengthen mathematics and computations.
• World-class contributions and excellence in R&D of nuclear energy.
• Developed research performance of in nuclear power stations of materials.
• Identified the capacity of “Small Modular Nuclear Reactors” on the nature of nuclear energy to meet the global demand.
• Efficient ways to store electricity.