What is digital marketing?
Marketing has different extra in the last 2 years than in the last 50 years. If it took 15 years on television to reach 50 million viewers worldwide, it took 3 years for the Internet to exceed this threshold. Today, the Internet has transformed people’s behavior as well as the marketing approach. Traditional marketing (TV, radio, print) is losing momentum and is being dethroned by digital marketing.
Digital marketing: definition
Digital Marketing (also called web marketing and digital marketing) is the set of strategies to promote your business, capture leads (qualified prospects) and to acquire new customers through various digital media:
Your website: The Cornerstone of Digital Marketing
In many ways, your company’s website is the cornerstone of your Digital Marketing efforts.
Indeed, it is on your website that your target customers have their first contact with your company.
And most often, it is also on your website that your prospects will eventually buy or want to contact you.
Let’s see how your website plays a leading role in all Digital Marketing actions.
As we have already said, the goal of Digital Marketing is to attract visitors, engage with them to convert them into prospects or customers.
As a result, most of the tactics put in place will bring your target customers to your website, where they must find all the information they need.
Therefore, your website is where your customers will judge your company and its offer.
That’s why you have to fine-tune the architecture of your website as well as its design such as layout, colors, graphics…
And it’s a reality!
According to Adobe, 38% of Internet users give up on a website if they find that its content or layout is not attractive (source Hub Spot).
But the appearance of your website is not the only thing that matters.
Since the goal of your website is to convert a visitor into a prospect or a customer, the navigation must be intuitive.
And on each page, you must clearly indicate the next step you want your visitors to follow.
And as more and more people search for mobile, your website needs to be optimized for small screens to improve the user experience.
Most companies today use social networks to support their Digital Marketing campaigns and generate more traffic to their website.
The Marketing on social networks is to promote your content and interact with your target consumers on social networks like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter…
This lever of Digital Marketing contributes to:
Increase your notoriety,
Generate more leads,
Improve customer engagement
One of the main benefits of social media marketing is being able to reach a wider audience.
Indeed, when they do not do a search, your target will be on their favorite social network.
The social networks best suited to your offer depend essentially on your target audience. For example:
For a B2B offer, focus on LinkedIn where more than 50% of professionals in France are present,
While for a B2C business, Instagram and/or Pinterest may have more interest.
If your company is not trying to reach and engage these consumers on social networks, then you certainly miss an important opportunity to reach new prospects.
Animating your presence on social networks can:
To be a lever as such,
Or better, come and support all you’re other Digital Marketing efforts.
For example, if you have a white paper that lists the issues your audience faces on a daily basis, use the networks to promote it and drive traffic to the landing page on which to download it.
Email marketing is the sixth lever of Digital Marketing that is practiced by the most successful companies.
Email campaigns are often used to:
- Increase brand awareness,
- Establish your leadership in your field of activity,
- Promote your events and other promotions …
The content of your emails ultimately depends on the goals of your campaign.
Here are some examples to develop to support your Digital Marketing campaigns:
- Send a welcome email once a user subscribes to your mailing list, telling them what they can expect from your next emails,
- Offer promotional content directly in the consumer’s inbox,
- Spread a monthly newsletter to your subscribers to give them access to the latest content on your website,
- Get in touch with your prospects who have downloaded content from your site to thank them and recommend other related content,
- Suggest additional products or other content that may interest your prospects and customers, depending on their browsing behavior and/or purchase.
According to a study of the IFOP relayed by Frenchweb, in B2C, 90% of the people carry out research online before buying in physical store.
I did not find the percentage for B2B customers but without a doubt, it is just as consistent.
Indeed, it is so easy to type a keyword in Google, then click on one of the relations on the first page of results.
That’s why if you are looking to reach target customers who do not necessarily know your brand or your domain name, it is important to be on this first page and, if possible, as high as possible.
The penalty area of SEO is to rank your sides higher in the search engine results page and increase your visibility for one or more keywords.
In other words, SEO is about optimizing your website and content for search engines.
In France, Google’s market share exceeds 90%.
While your goal with your Digital Marketing actions is to attract as much organic traffic as possible, your business should not ignore the value brought by online advertising campaigns.
Especially the cost-per-click (CPC) ads!
CPC ads are a type of ad that you only pay for each click on your ad.
Well set up, Google AdWords propels your business to the top of the first page of Google results.
Why pay to show ads?
Good question, since indeed I advise you also to work on the SEO of your site!
Search engine optimization (SEO) is crucial. On the other hand, the results are visible only after a certain time.
This is where CPC ads become useful.
CPC ads accelerate results by immediately placing your site at the top of the search engine results page for relevant search terms.
People are more likely to find you and click on the ad, which sends them back to your website.
CPC ads generate:
Not only have more trafficked to your website,
But in addition, they provide a flow of qualified visitors.
Advantages of digital marketing
- Reduced costs: You can develop a digital marketing strategy at a lower cost.
- Simple to measure: you can see what works for your business and then you can adjust your actions very quickly if needed. All these analyzes will be able to help you collect and analyze customer data in order to improve the knowledge of your consumer.
- Viral: online, it’s easy to share content with share buttons on sites or social networks. Your content can be read by thousands of people very quickly.
- Nonintrusive: it is the consumer who chooses to follow a company online or not. He can subscribe to the company newsletter, decide to follow the company on social networks … He can then unsubscribe at any time.
- Interaction with the consumer : create your own community with which you will be able to exchange information, interact, interact
- Segmentation and personalization: With digital marketing, you can easily target buyers to offer communication tailored to their needs.
- A global exhibition: your company can now have global visibility. There is no barrier anymore.
Latest posts by Niharika (see all)
- Handy and Fascinating Tactics to Setup a Netgear WiFi Router - January 17, 2019
- 10 Facts about Neuschwanstein Castle in the World - January 17, 2019
- Top 3 Design Features for an Ecommerce Portal to be Truly Unique - January 17, 2019